Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #31 Re: And another one in Beijing 
    I must say, I think the seat was very comfortable...

There is a reserve tap but it was switched open from the beginning...

The show room is just outside northern 5th ring, one exit east of the jingcheng expressway. Or you follow Guangshun Beidajie (广顺北大街) to the north and after you passed under the 5th ring, it is on your left hand side. They have no "Beijing Riders" sign on top of the shop window, so just look for the shop that sells real motorbikes and not only e scooters.

You can also go to the contact us page on their website and call up the first mobile number given. It is Paul, a french guy helping them with customer relations.

They will help you with a Jing B plate. Costs are something like bike price+ 10% VAT + some base fee. Ask Paul, he will explain in more detail.

If you are looking for Regal Raptors, you might find better deals at a shop in 旧宫东路 (Jiu Gong Dong Lu) close to the station on subway line number 5 with the same name.

Good luck!
    ------------------------------
    JH-150GY-3

2. #32 Re: And another one in Beijing 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    So...armed with some great directions from you guys here I made my way to check out Qili motors.
    I was looking at a QJiang but now may have other ideas.
    The shop is fine has a good selection of different brands here is what i found.

Honda Huan ying 150
    I like this bike also quality looks fine but price also high

CF 150
    Baby brother to CF600 with wavy discs

Loncin 150
    Looks fine in yellow

Regal raptors 125 / 250 i liked these but think some newer models make them look bit dated now

Also had a selection of bigger bikes but not for me i think as 150 is ideal for beijing traffic and odd trips outa town

Others
    CF 600 my fave chinese bike so far but too bike i think

CBR 600
    BMW F650 for those with deep pockets
    Also lurking were
    Suzuki goose 250 not sen one on those for years!
    Yamaha TZR 250
    Yamaha R6
    Suzuki Gixer 750
    Honda Gold wing

I will visit riders soon take a look there see what they have but thanks guys for the responses still mulling over whats best then will need to think about license plate???? and legal stuff.
    Attached Images

3. #33 Re: And another one in Beijing 
    Quote Originally Posted by Astroboy66 View Post
    I will visit riders soon take a look there see what they have but thanks guys for the responses still mulling over whats best then will need to think about license plate???? and legal stuff.
    Hey Astroboy, yes, they have a nice choice of different bikes.

Plates should not be a problem, wherever you buy, the shop can help you with that and it normally is hassle-free. What other legal stuff? Do you already have a DL?
    JH-150GY-3

4. #34 Re: And another one in Beijing 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Ditto man - congratulations on your success. I hope your sweety gets her DL soon, as well. Trust me, it creates a "harmonious domestic society" when the little one isn't left behind, or isolated on a pillion seat.

Re BJ traffic - I sold my 4-wheels. E-bikes, scooters & little 125s are the ONLY way to go!

When you guys are up & running, let's head out on our pack of <200cc bikes ... the Happy Kitties Motorcycle Club (99%'rs) may get off the ground yet! We can even have a club tattoo (lick & stick type, of course, because needles hurt too much).

Attachment 5266
    So it is official: The first Happy Kitty (BJ) rideout is going to happen this Saturday!
    We'll meet 8:30 in front of south entrance of Ditan Park (just north of Lama Temple) and then probably head east for Pinggu Everybody with a <200cc bike is welcome (and larger ones if they wear a Happy Kitty vest over their riding gear:)) PM me if you want to exchange mobile numbers in advance.
    Last edited by fahni; 08-19-2011 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Change in destination and schedule
    JH-150GY-3

5. #35 Re: And another one in Beijing 
    Hello Kitty?

6. #36 Re: And another one in Beijing 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey guys ride out sounds cool...i hope once I have a bike and can join the nest one. make sure you take some photos to share with rest of us here ;-)

Fahni yes had license in Shanghai had my UK car / bike license translated and was issued a C1E which i think is ok.
    I never got round to buying a bike in SH as they seem kinda stricter than BJ and license plates $$$$ even though had a car there seems a bit pointless having 4 wheels in BJ as the ring roads are more like car park.

Any other info on license?? I am still unsure if shop can help and is legal?? or is it like SH gonna cost a packet of cash to sort out.

Happy to be here guys;-)

7. #37 Re: And another one in Beijing 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    IMG_1240.jpg

Ps could not upload this photo last time

This is the CF150 anybody got one or know if there any good?
    IMG_1249.jpg
    CF 600 (bigger brother)
    IMG_1248.jpg
    Like these but think maybe too much $$$
    IMG_1250.jpg
    In silver looks best IMHO
    IMG_1245.jpg
    CBR 600

8. #38 Re: And another one in Beijing 
    Hi Astroboy, as far as I have heard, normally the plates issued by shops are 100% legal. Just make sure that the bike you are buzing has the C3 sticker so it can be licensed and then ask the shop to cut the red tape for you. price is, as I said before: price of bike + 10% VAT + around 700-1500 licensing, plate and "fee".
    JH-150GY-3

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234