Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    hmmmm i think im trying the silencer mod...

deseame buena suerte forchetto...

2. #22 QM200GY-BA Silencer mod 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    It didn't take long and the results are gratifying...sounds lots better. I did have to open up the end stainless steel cone thing as well to let those decibels out.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

C-Moto Noob
    HI MY NAME JEAN WESTLEY I AM FROM SOUTH AFRICA AND MY WEAPON OF MY CHOSE IS MY QINGQI VIPER 125. Y DOES THIS MOTOR BOG WHEN YOU OPEN THE THROTTLE FAST

4. #24 Bogging down Qingqi 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    I believe the engine comes with an ordinary and traditional piston valve or slide carburettor while the 200 cc version benefits from a CV type carb.

The CV carburettor avoids this bogging down when the throttle is opened suddenly, but the slide type has to be opened more gradually.
    What would make it worse is the lean mixtures that modern engines have to work with to be able to comply with emission regulations.

To start with try richening the idle mixture a bit, about 1/4 of a turn clockwise of the idle mixture screw (not the idle speed screw), and ensure the initial idle speed is within the manufacturers range (about 1200-1400 RPM). This time with the throttle stop screw or idle screw.
    If no improvement is noted, the needle jet clip position will have to be dropped one slot at a time to raise the needle and richen the mixture. This usually does the trick.

Note: the "clockwise" bit is assuming you have a normal slide carb. For a CV type the screw has to be turned anti-clockwise to richen.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123