Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Registering bike in Shaoxing? 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Excellent news bmold now all you need to do aside from getting relevant licenses and so on, is get permission for your intended ride from the High School you'll be employed with.

2. #12 Re: Registering bike in Shaoxing? 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    He shoots! He scores!
    Congratulations... So looks like you are sweet. Seems it was only a week ago that you'd already thrown in the towel! Dude, this is China. We don't throw in the towel.
    cheers!
    Euph is right on the money, never throw in the 'towel' ... either hide it, repackage it, or don't refer to it or if you must - just call it by another name!

3. #13 Re: Registering bike in Shaoxing? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Yeah! I feel pretty happy... Not sure why all the places I checked listed the banned moto area as being within the 2nd ring road... oh well. Looks like the situation is much better! I got the question answered through the 绍兴公安网上服务中心 website, then clicked on some links to 警民沟通 and then 在线咨询. I wasn't really expecting a response, but they were actually very timely. I'm guessing that if Shaoxing has this kind of convenience for asking the police questions online that other places do too, so it would be worth checking out for those who live in other cities that can communicate with Chinese (also saw how you can now email the Beijing traffic police or whatever related party to get questions answered about traffic laws in English). Good stuff! I shall not throw in the towel.

Still drooling over potential bikes, mostly focused my search on the 新大洲本田 Sundiro Honda and 五羊本田 Wuyang Honda CB and CBX 150 国三 models, also recommended by some others on this forum. I really was wanting a Shineray Long March or a Jialing 大白菜 250 but those seem like they're not going to be legally registrable and the Shineray maybe hard to get parts for? Can't wait. Thanks for everyone's help.

4. #14 Re: Registering bike in Shaoxing? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Yes, I do need to work it out with the high school. I have a feeling they won't really take so kindly to the thought of me having a motorcycle there, but I'll try my best to sweet talk them. If push comes to shove I can find another place to park it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12