Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    I had it printed and bound by a local copy shop in colour and with good paper. It's nearly 2 inches thick!. It makes it easier to browse through it and appreciate just how good it is. Every procedure is explained step by step, even though it's meant to be for mechanics with a bit of mechanical knowledge already under their belt. Far better than the usual Haynes or other brands.

As I've said, I find that I can read most of it. Written Portuguese is quite similar to Spanish and I have a Brazilian at work for the difficult bits.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

2. #22 I found the STAMPED NUMBER 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by forchetto View Post
    Strange. I have several service manuals here and I'm sure one of them will be OK. Need more info on that engine, like the type number stamped somewhere on the crankcase. It will be something like: ZS171FML, ZS161FML or similar.

It's ZS167FML

and between two stars it has this number below ...

*87500051*

thanks very much for your support.

Last but not least let me tell you that I found a VIN number and other specs on the front fork hp value and so on..maybe this is to identify the whole bike and you can give me the service manual of the entire motorcycle like honda does in his workshop manuals.

Any help would be greatly appreciatted.

Alejandro.

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by txm123 View Post
    It's ZS167FML
    Alejandro.
    Strange. the engine you quote doesn't look like the photo you've asked me to look at. Instead it looks like the engine fitted to the LZX200GY-2 also called a Sierra, or a Qlink Sumo, or a Zipstar in the States.

It's derived from the Yamaha TW200 and if it's the one I think it is, you're in luck. This forum has it on its data base for downloading.

Go to this thread, and the first post contains the download link. Please let me know if that's the one you're looking for:

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...light=lzx200gy

The second post has links to the parts lists.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

4. #24 Mismatch 
    C-Moto Senior
    Strange. the engine you quote doesn't look like the photo you've asked me to look at. Instead it looks like the engine fitted to the LZX200GY-2 also called a Sierra, or a Qlink Sumo, or a Zipstar in the States.

It's derived from the Yamaha TW200 and if it's the one I think it is, you're in luck. This forum has it on its data base for downloading.

Go to this thread, and the first post contains the download link. Please let me know if that's the one you're looking for:

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...light=lzx200gy

The second post has links to the parts lists.
    It doesn't seam to be the same engine,you were right,but this is very strange because the number I told you is the one stamped on the left side of the engine.I think that theres something wrong?Could it be possible that they assembled the engine with another engine number?Really I don't know,the engine is like the one you can see in the page

http://www.txmcross.com

Maybe I can take a close picture of my engine and send it by mail or post it in a server ?

I know they are smaller but maybe you can get an idea with this two pictures

http://txmcross.com/index.php/repuestos/motores-engine

Thanks very much
    Alejandro.

5. #25 Service manual Zongshen ZS125GY-A 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Alejandro. The nearest bike with a similar engine that I have a service manual for is this one, called here in Spain an AZEL ATILA ZS125GY-A.

I think that apart from the bore size the engine is the same. Sometimes they change the looks of the right side crankcase cover to please different importers. At the beginning of the books its shows a different shape right hand cover to the photo below, but I think it's the same engine.
    The ZS125GY-A looks like this:

I've uploaded to my website where it will remain for a couple of weeks on this link. (let me know if it's the right one for future reference):

http://www.telecable.es/personales/a...nce%20book.pdf
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

6. #26 This is the manual I think..or at least is closer... 
    C-Moto Senior
    Alejandro. The nearest bike with a similar engine that I have a service manual for is this one, called here in Spain an AZEL ATILA ZS125GY-A.

I've uploaded to my website where it will remain for a couple of weeks on this link. (let me know if it's the right one for future reference):

http://www.telecable.es/personales/a...nce%20book.pdf
    Well this engine looks really close to my engine ,the only difference i think it's the bore.
    Now I'm wondering why the stamped number i gave you is refered to another engine?Strange isn't it?

By the way,thanks very much,

Alejandro.

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    According to the Zongshen website, the engine you now have the manual for is a newer version coded ZS156FMI-2.

Bu the way the "56" is first two significant figures of the bore size in mm, so yours with "167" in the model number, would have a bore size of 67mm. This 11 mm difference in the bore seems rather a lot for a difference in capacity from 125 to 200 cc, it seems to indicate you might have a 250 cc engine. The capacity should also be stamped somewhere on the cylinder casting. What does it say?.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

C-Moto Senior
    I'll check and I'll tell you.I thought something similar to what you told me because in the place I bought my bike they sell only two engine models 150cc and 250cc and they don't have a 200cc engine only.This bike is suppossed to be 200cc but really I couldn't be sure.Does it help if I told you the info stamped in the handlebars(vin number,KW and so on)?Thanks.
    Oh i forgot to ask you something,...do you think the valve clearences and sprocket dimensions are the same specs for this 125 service manual than the ones for my bike?

C-Moto Senior
    ZS , 1 and FML stands for?
    Thanks

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by txm123 View Post
    Does it help if I told you the info stamped in the handlebars(vin number,KW and so on)?Thanks.

Oh i forgot to ask you something,...do you think the valve clearences and sprocket dimensions are the same specs for this 125 service manual than the ones for my bike?
    Only the manufacturer would know all the details from the VIN number, but the Kw figure might tells us something.

The valve clearances are probably OK but the sprocket sizes might differ. There's probably either 1 more tooth in the gearbox sprocket or conversely 2 or 3 less in the wheel sprocket to raise the gearing on the 200.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast