Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by txm123 View Post
    ZS , 1 and FML stands for?
    ZS is for the manufacturer of the engine: Zongshen

1 means a single cylinder engine.

F means natural air cooled

M means an engine for motorcyle application

L is a code for cubic capacity L=200 cc.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

2. #32 You really know what you are talking about... 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by forchetto View Post
    ZS is for the manufacturer of the engine: Zongshen

1 means a single cylinder engine.

F means natural air cooled

M means an engine for motorcyle application

L is a code for cubic capacity L=200 cc.
    Thanks very much for all the info you gave me..

Now I'll try to find that stamped capcity of the engine...any idea where to look for?
    Thanks

C-Moto Senior
    I found an interesting page that let's us calc the displacement given the bore and stroke.
    if i put 67 as bore and 49.5 as stroke it gives me 174.5.Which is less than 200..so this make me think that my engine should have a bigger stroke than the 125 to achieve 200cc.(indeed i can find it as a simple equation).
    Here you can find the link that is just an automated volume of a cylinder but i think it could be useful

http://www.ducatitech.com/info/bore.html

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    stamped capcity of the engine...any idea where to look for?
    Somewhere around the bottom, where the cylinder joins the crankcase. I think it must be a legal requirement as all engines have these marking somewhere.
    I had to grind them off on my monkey bikes, as I've installed a big-bore kit that makes them illegal, in case a nosey policeman has a close look.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

C-Moto Senior
    You were right...in the base of the cylinder at the fron it say "198 cm¨3",so I guess its a 200cc.I think it has a big stroke then...
    Tell me do you know something about the oil that goes in the forks? I have Inverted front shok absorbers "showa" type.How do I changfe the oil inside?Somebody told me that if I change the oil for a better one I'll get a much steady bike ...What do you think?
    thanks

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    In the old days front forks had a drain screw at the bottom that made oil changing a pleasure. Nowadays makers cut costs by not providing such a facility.

The chances are that those forks are made by the same people that made mine and have the same oil capacity. Check the diameter of the slider bit. Mine are 41 mm.

The only way to change the oil is to dismantle the front end and take off the forks. Undo the top nuts before undoing the yoke clamp screws, as they're very tight and it's best to have the forks held in their yokes while undoing.

Turn upside down and drain the oil into a container, if you don't know the oil capacity, save the oil for measuring how much comes out. When it's all drained out pump the sliders in and out to see if any more oil comes out.
    It'll probably be a lightish oil grade, something like 10 grade. Most people change to a 14 grade or some quality oil sold in bike shops. Add 10 or 20 cc to whatever you take out to make up for losses left inside the forks and possible leakages over time.

If the forks happen to be the same as mine the capacity is 330 ml. Make sure you put in the same quantity in each leg, preferably using some graduated container.

Here's what mine look like:

There's a thread here talking about forks like those. It has an exploded drawing attached to message number 13 as well:

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=345
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

7. #37 Yes.it's the same fork I believe... 
    C-Moto Senior
    I suppose it's the same,at least it looks pretty close.
    Another thing that worries me a bit is the engine vivration,my bike is new and I guess it has 200km more or less,I changed the oil to a motul 15w/50.I understand the engine has a balancing shaft but I don't want to modify nothing.I wonder if this bikes are subject to more vivration that japanese bikes I mean it's normal that after 70%of the throttle the bike starts with a little vivration that becomes greater later?
    Thanks

C-Moto Senior
    My forks have an adjustable knob,that let me adjust the hardness of the shocks.I mean quicker/slower action ,the same has the rear mono shok.How does it work?is like a valve that lets more fluid to get into the fork.

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Another thing that worries me a bit is the engine vivration,
    I understand the engine has a balancing shaft
    Does it really have a balancing shaft?, you can normally tell because the Chinese are not too subtle about their positioning and they make an obvious lump in the front of the crankcase.

You shouldn't get any serious vibration with a balanced engine, unless the engine bolts are loose, or its coming from a misaligned rear suspension swing arm or chain/sprockets, or even an out of balance or out of round wheel. Check by killing the engine at the speed the vibration is felt and note whether it continues.

My Qingqi vibrates quite a lot at speed. I have reduced this by loosening and re-setting the engine in the frame, putting bar-end weights on the handlebars and mounting the silencer on a rubber silentbloc. The worst of the vibration also became less after the running-in period.
    Last edited by forchetto; 03-31-2009 at 08:16 PM.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    My forks have an adjustable knob,that let me adjust the hardness of the shocks.I mean quicker/slower action ,the same has the rear mono shok.How does it work?is like a valve that lets more fluid to get into the fork.
    Mine don't have any adjustment. The adjuster regulates the size of the oil passages in the damper, the smaller the passage the more difficult it is for the damping oil to circulate and the harder the damping.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast