Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 pulse adrenaline picture, plus i need some advice! 
    hi all,

this is my new baby and i said i wasnt going to fiddle with her, but its started already (must need to see a counsellor or summat) first was the exhaust on order, arrived and fitted no probs but the bike now feels slightly flat lower down in the revs, can this be mended with a step up in jet?

also the gearing is very short, so was looking towards a 17 tooth front cog up from 15 tooth standard, but will i then suffer more with the low range grunt?

any advice will be greatly appreciated, plus if it helps, the exhaust came from here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

oh and i just remembered, i blanked off the re-burn vacuum feed, there is evidence of flames and a fair amount of popping and banging from the exhaust on over run now, maybe leading me to believe its a little lean?

Untitled by offtheclockuk, on Flickr

Untitled by offtheclockuk, on Flickr

thanks for now, James

2. #2 Re: pulse adrenaline picture, plus i need some advice! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi. Nice cheap pipe! Im getting one how long did it take to arrive? :) yes you will have to change your main jet atleast maybe even your pilot jet but im no expert. Best advice i can give is take off the new zorst unil you have some jets and an idea what you will need to do. Oh yer and i read a 16 tooth on front is what you want. Iv just ordered a 16 should be here this week ill let you know what its like. Cheers

3. #3 Re: pulse adrenaline picture, plus i need some advice! 
    Hi, the pipe took about 6 working days because of the bank holiday, my mate ordered one and it took 5 days, rapid delivery considering where it came from and free postage. As for the pipe, I'm going to leave it on as I'll be ordering the next jet up which is 125 tomorrow. And I'm not going any distance anytime soon, so won't do any harm, may even plumb the re-burn back in to check the difference but I believe it leans the mix even further to increase mpg?

I'll get the cog after the jet, but let us know how yours goes, defo need less revs all round.

Cheers james

4. #4 Re: pulse adrenaline picture, plus i need some advice! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Nice one, would you mind letting me know which jet/s you replaced and how it effected the performance as I'm looking to do similar mods on my Pulse Adrenaline.