Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 Road-trip advice 
    Thanks everyone for their help so far. Have almost all the information I need for our trip. New bike on the way, safety gear selected. Just need to finish making the money, decide whether or not I'll be getting a plate (real/fake) and get my drivers licence then we're off... but where?

I'm not really sure of the possible range ( qingqi 200 gy w. passenger, 25 days off). Ideally we would like to go to guangdong (snake farms), guangxi and yunnan because they look like really beautiful places but it's quite far and I don't think we can make it. Also this will be our first trip. As I have never even taken a motorbike out of first gear yet (will have one month practice before we go) I don't know how we can get on so I think that we should better make a shorter northern loop. Go to look at the terracotta army, then inner mongolia along the great wall, back down then through ShanDong (qingdao and weihai are supposed to be nice cities tho I don't know how much that means considering all things relative) and jiangsu. But then I fear this route may be too densely populated.

What do you think about the feasibility/quality of this trip. I'm not really conservative (we're both quite young 23 & 29) want to do as much as possible but I dont want to make some stupid mistakes and end up taking a crappy route (by crappy i dont mean messy but boring or busy).

p.s. you don't need to direct me to the ride reports I'm going through them and estimate we could get to yunnan in one week of consistent riding, do you think that's possible?
    Last edited by corporal_clegg; 06-06-2011 at 12:44 PM.