Hi all, thanks for reading and any input is greatly appreciated.

I just bought a Chinese brand R9, which is a scooter with 150cc engine. I paid 5500 rmb versus 3000 rmb because this one came with Jing B plates and all the paperwork associated with it like frapiao, vehicle registration, and an insurance invoice. These are all done with a name of a company and not mine as this was all ready for me when I bought the scooter.

Question 1: Is this legit or did I get taken?

Question 2: Will I be able to change the registration into my name or is this even necessary? The guy that sold it to me, a shop in Wudaoko, told me that it is not necessary, but he also told me that I don't need a motorcycle license.

Question 3: From reading this forum, it sounds like I need to get motorcycle license, but still not totally clear as to whether this applies to me with a "scooter". Could someone that knows elaborate on this? I live in Wangjing. Is there somewhere close to me or the closed place where I can get one?

Question 4: I made the mistake of riding my R9 inside the 4th ring road the very next day after purchase to Sanlitun, but nothing happened. I thought I passed a couple of police and even rode next to police cars that did nothing. Is the ban on going inside the 4th ring road only for motorcyles? or was I just really lucky?

Question 5: Will an insurance company insure my R9? Does anyone know of someone or someplace I can get this?

Question 6: Would love to meet people and go for rides on the weekends. Any people available near Wangjing?

Again thank you,

Sunny