C-Moto Noob
    what size risers are those??

3. #43 Re: Custom DF250RTB build up 
    C-Moto Regular
    7/8" clip on's.

4. #44 Re: Custom DF250RTB build up 
    C-Moto Senior
    Bella
    When you changed Headlamp Assembly, were you able to increase high/low lamps above 35W using stock wiring set up?

5. #45 Re: Custom DF250RTB build up 
    C-Moto Regular
    GR,

When you changed Headlamp Assembly, were you able to increase high/low lamps above 35W using stock wiring set up?
    To tell you the truth, I never gave it a second thought. For me, this is a pitbike, although I have ridden it on the street at night. I have no idea the wattage of the bulb that came with the lamp.

BC

6. #46 Re: Custom DF250RTB build up 
    C-Moto Senior
    seat 001.jpgYou have done wonders, great work. It looks like a Triumph/BSA head lamp, were did you find?

Attached is my DF, Wanting to replace tank, headlamp & bags. All bigger to balance with seat

7. #47 Re: Custom DF250RTB build up 
    C-Moto Regular
    like a Triumph/BSA head lamp, were did you find?
    Georgia Cycle Depot. Check out the Wassell style Peanut tank from Low Brow Customs. With a little work, I think it would look perfect on a DF or CCW.

BC

8. #48 Re: Custom DF250RTB build up 
    C-Moto Regular
    Here's a couple subtle updates I've added to my DF in recent weeks. That hideous BMW/Ural rubber seat just had to go along with the crappy stretch-spring set-up. I replaced it with a Royal Enfield Lycett style seat which bolted on as if it were made for the bike. 8" chrome springs are a carry over from the first go-around and work perfectly by themselves. I also swapped out the chrome headlight bucket for a black one as I plan to black out the headlight brackets too.

The tank was powdercoated with a color called Ultimate Chrome. It looks like polished aluminum which is exactly the look I wanted. I kept the tank slightly pitted to obtain a faux patina and added a set of Gilera decals. HEY WAIT A SECOND... don't even think about busting my bollocks for such blasphemy. It is afterall, a Gilera tank... and I do have the rest of the Gilera bike it came from. Some day I'll restore it and will then be in the market for a new tank for my DF.

I still have not moved the foot controls back as of yet and I've got to say, with every mile I log on the DF, I start thinking the forward controls just might have to stay as is.

A little side note: I took this bike to a major vintage bike meet where I displayed one of my cafe racers. I tooled around the grounds on the DF with a couple thousand people milling about and I was overwhelmed with questions, compliments, smiles and thumbs-up. I've got another show next week and two more next month.

/M

DSCF0781x800.jpg DSCF0782x800.jpg

9. #49 Re: Custom DF250RTB build up 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaCorse View Post
    Here's a couple subtle updates I've added to my DF in recent weeks. That hideous BMW/Ural rubber seat just had to go along with the crappy stretch-spring set-up. I replaced it with a Royal Enfield Lycett style seat which bolted on as if it were made for the bike. 8" chrome springs are a carry over from the first go-around and work perfectly by themselves. I also swapped out the chrome headlight bucket for a black one as I plan to black out the headlight brackets too.

The tank was powdercoated with a color called Ultimate Chrome. It looks like polished aluminum which is exactly the look I wanted. I kept the tank slightly pitted to obtain a faux patina and added a set of Gilera decals. HEY WAIT A SECOND... don't even think about busting my bollocks for such blasphemy. It is afterall, a Gilera tank... and I do have the rest of the Gilera bike it came from. Some day I'll restore it and will then be in the market for a new tank for my DF.

I still have not moved the foot controls back as of yet and I've got to say, with every mile I log on the DF, I start thinking the forward controls just might have to stay as is.

A little side note: I took this bike to a major vintage bike meet where I displayed one of my cafe racers. I tooled around the grounds on the DF with a couple thousand people milling about and I was overwhelmed with questions, compliments, smiles and thumbs-up. I've got another show next week and two more next month.

/M

DSCF0781x800.jpg DSCF0782x800.jpg
    Bella
    Enjoy your work, I love England's heritage to our sport.(owned a bonTank Paint 002.jpgnie for 30 yrs)
    I went with a Harley Axe tank, Indian headlamp, Ford tail lamp, removed speedo, & pony saddel bags

10. #50 Re: Custom DF250RTB build up 
    C-Moto Noob
    [de aqui partire yo
    Attached Images

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345