Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Hello from Pilippines 
    Hi all! I'm new here, but not new to biking! I was born i Norway had a bunch of different Tempo bikes from 50cc to 175cc in my youth. My father was a biker in the fifties and sixties, had a Dunelt 500cc from 1932. I kind of grow up round bikes.
    I tried speedway, cross and trail, way back then, when I was younger, now I'm only young! Had a 1972 BSA 600 Lightning from 1974 to 2004. Enjoyed it allot when I was home from sea in summertimes. I am a retired marine engineer, and spent most of my life at sea, mostly East Asia, I live in Cebu, Philippines.
    I was looking for a big bike, but ended up buying a Dayang 125, then I came over a Dayang 150 cc Witch had that "Big bike look" got it changed. Later i bought A 750 Yamaha Virago. But mostly I end up riding that Dayang. Its reliable and cheap on gas. It Carry me and my wife where ever we want to go!
    But may be I have gone wrong here, as I see most of you are riding a off road kind of bike? I prefer to stay on a concrete /asphalt road. My racing and off road days are gone with my health."Artrithes"
    Ok keep the rubber to ground
    Regards Billy
    Attached Images
    Dayang DY-150-35.

Billy, welcome to the site! As far as I know, your are the first member from the Phillipines! I know nothing about the state tof Chinese motorcycles over there. What does the scene look like? What models are available, how much do they cost?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Hi Billy, as the Hot Carl master said welcome to the site. I'm also interested in seeing some pictures and reading some stories about Chinese bikes and bikes in general from the Phillipines. I have read some where (but I forget where) that Chinese bikes are quite popular in the Phillipines. Can you give us some more information. I'd also love to see some pics of the awesome motorcycle taxis that cruise the streets of many Phillipine cities.

Again, welcome to the site.

Mike

Hi Carl, Mike and who ever else have interests! Thanks for welcoming me! I took some more time to look around and find its not all about dirt bikes, as what i first got the impression of. I found some nice CJ750 out here I really liked those with gearshift on the tank, really turn me on. I have always had a big thing about Old bikes.

I think there is several Chinese bikes here in RP. They come out pretty cheap compare to Japanese bikes. There is Skygo, witch seems to be made by Lifan, Dayang, Shinok and som others I cant remember the name of.... I newer was a big fan of Chinese motorbikes, but after having two of them. I changed my mind. Only, I think Dayang has done a bad chrome and paint job on the steel frame! My 150 really needs a re paint after less than two years. Plastic covers gas tank wheel covers still look good. Engine is no problems. It always starts on go!

Here is My Dayang 150

Someones streetracer

My friend Glenns Chinese Bike 200cc Cant remember the brand.

Kai and hes Shinok 150

Me overlooking Cebu City from Cebu central Highway!

This type of bike is most common here!

Ill see if I can find ore get some pics of them Trikes they have here. Its mostly 100 - 125 ccs with sidecar! They carry 10 to 15 passengers
    Dayang 125-13 Looks to be a good workhorse for this kind of transportation. Then we have those "Habalhabal" who carries 2-8 ore 10 passengers on two wheels
    Regards Billy
    Dayang DY-150-35.