Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
  1. #101 Re: Videos to get you thru the day..... 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    Yes, kid's comments are hilarious.

But wait. This video knock me down:

But seriously, I was thinking: we should make effort and find this mighty "hui polosatyi" talisman, as it has cameraman on his Yamaha, and send it to our Slavic brother Steve_halt, to protect him on the roads of distant China.
    is that the famous brand exhaust ,,,ex fire extinguisher?????

2. #102 Re: Videos to get you thru the day..... 
    Now that my friends is a true rat bike!
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

3. #103 Re: Videos to get you thru the day..... 
    C-Moto Guru
    Fu..k me! This is actually in Bulgaria. Judging from the license plates, it's in the town of Burgas, on the Black Sea coast.

lipsee, oddly enough this not the first fire extinguisher exhaust I've seen round here. I don't know if you understood enough, but the ignition for example is a hybrid from Trabant (famous East German "car") and from a Chinese scooter Alternator is from Toyota, and in the past the "differential" was from a harvester.

4. #104 Re: Videos to get you thru the day..... 
    Rat bikes

Ratbike engineering: Sound joint between sections of exhaust pipe without the use of welding equipment.

The concept of keeping a motorcycle in at least minimally operational condition without consideration for appearance has probably characterized motorcycle ownership since its earliest days.[2] The essence of a rat bike is keeping a motorbike on the road for the maximum amount of time while spending as little as possible on it.[3] This calls for adaptation of parts that were not designed to fit the model of bike in question. While the origin on the term ratbike is unclear, it may attributed to custom motorbike magazines,[4][5] and retrospectively applied. Most Rat bikes are painted matte black but this is not a requirement.[6]
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

5. #105 Re: Videos to get you thru the day..... 
    C-Moto Guru
    Not a video, but still funny:
    ebxf3319.JPG

6. #106 Re: Videos to get you thru the day..... 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Krasi View Post
    Fu..k me! This is actually in Bulgaria. Judging from the license plates, it's in the town of Burgas, on the Black Sea coast.

lipsee, oddly enough this not the first fire extinguisher exhaust I've seen round here. I don't know if you understood enough, but the ignition for example is a hybrid from Trabant (famous East German "car") and from a Chinese scooter Alternator is from Toyota, and in the past the "differential" was from a harvester.
    Hey Krasi I should have realized it was from Bulgaria,,,we see a few examples of your creative engineering down our roads in the UK....you say the diff is off a harvester,,,,is that possible!!!!!!

7. #107 Re: Videos to get you thru the day..... 
    C-Moto Senior
    Jeez thats a work of art,,do my eyes deceive me,,or is that a Fosters beer can?????

Ratbike engineering: Sound joint between sections of exhaust pipe without the use of welding equipment.

The concept of keeping a motorcycle in at least minimally operational condition without consideration for appearance has probably characterized motorcycle ownership since its earliest days.[2] The essence of a rat bike is keeping a motorbike on the road for the maximum amount of time while spending as little as possible on it.[3] This calls for adaptation of parts that were not designed to fit the model of bike in question. While the origin on the term ratbike is unclear, it may attributed to custom motorbike magazines,[4][5] and retrospectively applied. Most Rat bikes are painted matte black but this is not a requirement.[6][/QUOTE]

8. #108 Re: Videos to get you thru the day..... 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Some guys aren't afraid of a little snow ...

I'm not one of them.

EDIT - for some reason, the embedded Youku doesn't work in my Chrome browser, but works in Firefox (no idea about IE). Here is the direct link:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzQ0ODI2NzM2.html
    Last edited by Lao Jia Hou; 12-16-2012 at 11:08 AM. Reason: browser wars

9. #109 Re: Videos to get you thru the day..... 
    Quote Originally Posted by lipsee View Post
    Hey Krasi I should have realized it was from Bulgaria,,,we see a few examples of your creative engineering down our roads in the UK....you say the diff is off a harvester,,,,is that possible!!!!!!
    Dancho, guy in a jumpsuit said that diff earlier was off a harvester. On a clip is a diff off a Yamaha XS 750. It is possible, because they are not talking about classical differentials as you can see on the car or truck, but the one, not that big assembly, that transmits torque to a single shaft.

Here's how it looks: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-Yamaha-...-/370472637711

There are a lot of interesting things on the bike: ZZR's front fork with the wheel, Lada Niva's modified rear shock absorbers, Opel Omega's calipers, old Lada's brake disc, Wartburg's wheel on rear...

But in this clip, funniest is the dialogue between the man in jumpsuit (which is a Bulgarian) and a cameraman (who is a Russian) and his comments. I'm sorry that I cannot translate all this into English.
    Last edited by Zorge; 12-16-2012 at 06:42 AM.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

10. #110 Re: Videos to get you thru the day..... 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Some guys aren't afraid of a little snow ...

I'm not one of them.
    Spikes !!!!!

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast