Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: How long is a string..? 
    you must've met some good chinese businessmen, from my (and others experience) face doesnt matter as much in business. They will shamelessly try to screw you every way you turn. I have a friend who exports lenses and another locks (random I know) but they have stopped even telling me about the people trying to screw them it happens so often.

I think the word is out now anyway about mr. beijing sidecar. People will hear about it if they ask anyone

2. #12 Re: How long is a string..? 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by rotor View Post
    You Sir, are a hypocrite, naming the guy in question andthen asking to delete your response and now berating me how to do business in China. I wasn’t doing business with a Chinese, the guy is a westerner and the lesson to learn beware of westerners in China, and like motorama eluded, this guy’s wound not survive back home with his corrupt business practices. One does contract with the Chines business man and usually to save face they honored it, dint think for a moment I would need a contact in China with a westerner, and yes,that is a lesson to learn. I don’t have to change my attitude to deal with the Chines, i never had to pay guanxi but I have used the connection with the authorities to get the paper work done legally. Ultimately, this is not about China, is about people like American guy taking money and not delivering and, people like you giving a bad example to the western community that is acceptable to be corrupt in China.

Thanks
    Rotor
    You still don't get it do you?

Ok, I'll simplify it for you:

1. Quote Originally Posted by rotor View Post
      Should I inform the very important guys buying my aircraft engines of him?

Should Ipay him a visit with some mean looking guys?
      You sound like you're an angry bull, and seems you're not looking for any solutions. Friendly advice, don't try any of that shit here... read a book or two if you don't have enough China experience to know I'm talking about. But really this is just stupid. Probably why no one bothered to reply to your post, only I was foolish enough to reply before reading your whole post.

2. Personally, I don't know you or Mr. Beijing man .. All I've heard are pleasant stories about him fixing up foreigners with classic sidecars, and his customers seem happy. We all know the law isn't clear on sidecars and so people willing to go into that area have to bend the law somehow.

3. Again, I don't know both of you. He could be a crook, and so could you. Or you could both be saints. I still don't know. And hence I don't have the right to come here and talk shit about people I don't know. What part of this don't you understand? Simple English eh? If you want, go ahead and name him yourself, you know him better than me. It's just not my place to talk shit about people I don't know. I don't like being part of the ignorant mob lynching a guy for some a reason I never knew in the first place. I'm not being an ostrich; not wanting to know. But I don't have enough concrete evidence to be sure.

4. Stop calling me names.. Have the courtesy to use the same language I use to talk to you. You don't know me, so just stick to the regular formalities and people will show you the respect you deserve.

3. #13 Re: How long is a string..? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Not angry at all, I am disappointed; seem you are getting extremely hot under the collar for someone that doesn’t want to get involved. I don’t need reed the kind of books your reading about Chines business practices,all I know is to conduct clear honest business with the Chinese, and for that Iam respected and my products are in high regard. I don’t need to name the American;he has named already himself with his illegal business practices. I won’t commenton your other points as they are irreverent to the facts as presented.

Thanks

Rotor

4. #14 Re: How long is a string..? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by corporal_clegg View Post
    you must've met some good chinese businessmen, from my (and others experience) face doesnt matter as much in business. They will shamelessly try to screw you every way you turn. I have a friend who exports lenses and another locks (random I know) but they have stopped even telling me about the people trying to screw them it happens so often.

I think the word is out now anyway about mr. beijing sidecar. People will hear about it if they ask anyone

This not correct , despite huge shortcomings in China, onecan and must conduct legal and honest business, in the circles I am dealing with wouldn’t have it any other way. Maybe your friend is lacking somewhere at the business acumen with the Chinese. Moreover,the financial and business success in China somehow new if we comparing it withthe west, the Chinese government and the authorities are working hard to correct the problem of latent corruption, it will take time, and not all will be cleaned, but once it happen, China will be even greater. Still, I was dealing with a westerner, and not a Chinese.

Thanks

Rotor

5. #15 Re: How long is a lynching..? 
    Wow, feels a bit like reading an argument about acupuncture or other fake sciences:
    One man's anecdotal evidence vs. tons of proof saying the opposite.

You had a shitty experience and that's a real bummer. I don't know what happened and i sincerely hope it works out in your favor in the end.

Still though, your story is not in line with the experiences of others. [he-who-can't-be-named] has tons of happy customers both in china and abroad and is regarded as one of the, if not The, best builders of sidecars in this country. I do and will continue to recommend him when people ask me where to get the most reliable sidecar in china.

6. #16 Re: How long is a string..? 
    Hong Kong, China, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, USA, Pirmasens
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Did you know that the a spinning propeller was the inspiration for the BMW emblem?
    Friends,

I hate to disappoint you here. You can research it on the web but in short, the BMW roundel had its origin of a logo from the previous company "Rapp Motorenwerke GmbH", whose business BMW continued. The Rapp Motor logo delivered the circular design. The colors are from the Bavarian flag, but they hat to be reversed because companies were not allowed to use state flags or items of the flag on their company logos. This all happened, before BMW was making its first significant aircraft engine. BMW was founded in 1917.
    The idea of the resemblance of the logo to a propeller was first mentioned, in 1946 by a guy named Wilhelm Farrenkopf who published an article in an aircraft magazine. Many details are not clear but it seems that BMW like that idea with the propeller and was cultivating it to the current point, where the propeller story is reality now.

Sorry rotor - I don't think you wanted this to become a BMW logo thread. I had my stories with so called "Westerners" in China as well. I didn't accept it and I did the same thing as I would have done in my home country. The guy is German and I am sure he is still "unhappy" now. That's my advice to you.

Cheers,
    AW.

PS: I do not know the (guy-who-should-not-be named) and his part of the story and therefor can only judge based on what I read here.
    Modifications and talk around the JH600

My New JH600

7. #17 Re: How long is a string..? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfaelzer View Post
    Friends,

I hate to disappoint you here. You can research it on the web but in short, the BMW roundel had its origin of a logo from the previous company "Rapp Motorenwerke GmbH", whose business BMW continued. The Rapp Motor logo delivered the circular design. The colors are from the Bavarian flag, but they hat to be reversed because companies were not allowed to use state flags or items of the flag on their company logos. This all happened, before BMW was making its first significant aircraft engine. BMW was founded in 1917.
    The idea of the resemblance of the logo to a propeller was first mentioned, in 1946 by a guy named Wilhelm Farrenkopf who published an article in an aircraft magazine. Many details are not clear but it seems that BMW like that idea with the propeller and was cultivating it to the current point, where the propeller story is reality now.

Sorry rotor - I don't think you wanted this to become a BMW logo thread. I had my stories with so called "Westerners" in China as well. I didn't accept it and I did the same thing as I would have done in my home country. The guy is German and I am sure he is still "unhappy" now. That's my advice to you.

Cheers,
    AW.

PS: I do not know the (guy-who-should-not-be named) and his part of the story and therefor can only judge based on what I read here.
    Thank you very much of the information, Pfaelzer, much appreciated. I believe it is a legend then, and since I dislike spreading misinfromation I don't do it.

Rotor, sucks to hear what has happened to you. I can tell you my opinion is that cheaters deserve to get what they do deserve to get. I really don't have sympathy towards them. So some things might not be worth it in the end, but, hmm, some people just deserve to get something or least fix things in one way or another. I however wish you stay calm with the issue.

8. #18 Re: How long is a lynching..? 
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Wow, feels a bit like reading an argument about acupuncture or other fake sciences:
    One man's anecdotal evidence vs. tons of proof saying the opposite.
    Actually acupuncture is not a fake science but has in fact been proven by Science http://nccam.nih.gov/research/result...le=Acupuncture

9. #19 Re: How long is a string..? 
    Just report facts and everyone keep cool.

There is every right to report a problem as long as it does not defame or otherwise, it is what this forum is for in part. We cannot know what is the truth until we hear and see both sides, then we can judge for ourselves.

The posts should be left 'as are' for now but members can add or delete their own as usual themselves, I will not do so as moderator beyond watching the thread, despite requests. If 'Jimbo' is indeed the mentioned member then he can stand up for himself, or ignore etc. Someone who knows him (and cares) can PM him so he knows. Thats about it. Keep it reasonable EVERYONE.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

10. #20 Re: How long is a string..? 

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast