Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: How long is a string..? 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hi Jape, I did read the thread last night. I wasn't going to respond because there was so little truth in what rotor had to say. I've never cheated anyone in my life and I didn't cheat rotor. As most everyone knows I deal in air cooled BMW powered CJs. Rotor contacted me and asked me to supply him with a BMW oilhead motor. I told him I could go to E-Bay and get one. He agreed. You never know when one will pop up there or how long it will take to bid and win the auction. Never once did I say he could have it in 30 days. I did find him a motor on E-Bay had it shipped to my warehouse and finally shipped it. When he said he was in a hurry for it (after the fact) I found him one in China. He didn't want it. So we're both waiting for the motors to arrive. I find it ironic in the extreme that a guy who bragged to me that he imports used Subaru motors and polishes them up so he can declare and sell them as new motors should be saying anything about business ethics. Anyway that's about all there is to say about this guy. As to Moilami, I don't believe her husband ever visited my shop. I know for sure I would never say the things that she reported were said to her husband regarding licensing. But I'm not the only guy building CJs in town so maybe she was mistaken. End of story.

2. #22 Re: How long is a string..? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbosidecar View Post
    Hi Jape, I did read the thread last night. I wasn't going to respond because there was so little truth in what rotor had to say. I've never cheated anyone in my life and I didn't cheat rotor. As most everyone knows I deal in air cooled BMW powered CJs. Rotor contacted me and asked me to supply him with a BMW oilhead motor. I told him I could go to E-Bay and get one. He agreed. You never know when one will pop up there or how long it will take to bid and win the auction. Never once did I say he could have it in 30 days. I did find him a motor on E-Bay had it shipped to my warehouse and finally shipped it. When he said he was in a hurry for it (after the fact) I found him one in China. He didn't want it. So we're both waiting for the motors to arrive. I find it ironic in the extreme that a guy who bragged to me that he imports used Subaru motors and polishes them up so he can declare and sell them as new motors should be saying anything about business ethics. Anyway that's about all there is to say about this guy. As to Moilami, I don't believe her husband ever visited my shop. I know for sure I would never say the things that she reported were said to her husband regarding licensing. But I'm not the only guy building CJs in town so maybe she was mistaken. End of story.

Jim ,for some reason you keep digging yourself in the cesspoolwith more lies and untruths, there is no honest bone in your body.There was never talk to get the engine from eBay, you clearly said to me you importing air cooled engines from the US, and your last shipment with my oil head engine has problems to be smuggled in to China since to many CCTV in HK, only 4 weeks ago you told me you had paid another of the many agents you mentioned ,and this time it will get done. The engine you referring (oil head) is apparent from one of your customers having an accident in Beijing and the bike was burned by the engine survived, I said to you ok, send me the engine but you wanted to get paid again, I told you then, you paid it and when the other engine arrives sell it or used it yourself, to that you told me, the oil head are useless for me, I only use air cooled engines as the fit in the Chinese bikes. Everyone knows, one can’t buy nothing on eBay from China, let alone if it is used..!

If you say now you got me an oil head can you prove it witha receipt from eBay? And do you have the shipping address you send it to..? And you deny too borrowing me a BMW bloc..? To refresh your memories this was send to you via email:

Jim Bryant, the unfortunate event since your negatives and a raft of untruth told by you for the last two (2) years and since my wife visited your premises on the 18and subsequently on the 21 of June 2011 and return to Qingdao with your negative either delivering the oil head BMW engine or the return of the moneys paid personally to you by my wife at the Beijing airport on the 7 April 2009 and at the same time my wife receiving from you on loan a damaged bloc from an air cooled BMW engine, unless the money are paid within 10 days from this missive, we have instructed our company lawyers in Beijing to take whatever action deems necessaries to recover the amount of 10,000 RMB paid to you in cash. Furthermore, our government legal representative in Beijing will be made aware of your illegal customs dealing and importing to China a prohibited item, namely used BMW engines from the USA and the possible taxations evasion perpetuated by your company, and eventually revising your residence status in China. I am very sorry Jim, I would be the last person to ruin your business, but you don’t give me any other alternative.

Addendum :
    My laptop crashed last year, it took some time to fish outyour BS, keep telling untruths and will publish all your lies. Shame on you..!

Hi xxxxx,

I lost your phone number and couldn't find your e-mail address. Anyway my friend, Mr. Chen has 2 BMW motorcycles that were involved in a fire. He is willing to sell both motors, one an R1150GS and the other an R1200C. He's asking RMB 10,000 for the pair of motors. The motors appear to be undamaged, but of course all the electricals are gone. It's justthe motors only, no fuel injection, or electricals.

Regds,

Jim

www.bmwsidecar.com

Hi xxxxxxx,
    Yes, I've heard about that, but I've been using PayPal for 10 years buying hundreds of motors and parts and never had a problem yet.
    If you can somehow get the cash to me (either RMB or US$) I can PayPal it myself to the seller. Then he will ship the motor to NH to my warehouse and in early April I will ship all my stuff to Hong Kong and bring it up to Beijing.
    Regds,
    Jim
    <www.bmwsidecar.com>

xxxxxxx wrote:
    Thanks for your replay , but be careful with PayPal see below link..
    http://www.paypalwarning.com/
    Last edited by rotor; 06-23-2011 at 07:20 PM.

3. #23 Re: How long is a string..? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by motorama View Post
    Rotor, you are correct about the business standards in China, and you are correct about these business people not standing a chance back home. But it isn't just the BMW engine guy. Lots of cafes, hotels and shops that are owned by Americans & Europeans would never survive back home. They can operate in China because the standards are so much lower, and the American & European customers living in China have resigned themselves to accept second-rate service.

Waiting 2 years, and getting one phony story after another, means you have incredible patience. And yes, these forums should be a place to discuss our experiences. Here is ours.

My husband looked into buying one of those BMW sidecars from that guy in Beijing. But my husband discovered that the bikes he uses are actually scrap that can no longer be licensed in China. And the used BMW engines appear not to be legally imported into China. When my husband asked if he could get the sidecar inspected and licensed, he was told that "arrangements" could be done to put some kind of "other" plate on the sidecar. He was told not to worry with this plate, unless he drives into Beijing. We wondered if this was even a legal business in Beijing if the sidecars can't be legally driven in Beijing.

When my husband asked if we could import the sidecar into the USA, the BMW guy said that "paperwork can be arranged" to get it through USA customs. His words were "we supply whatever paperwork is needed for any country. If needed, we will show that the date it was built makes it qualify as an antique motorcycle". We were left with a similar feeling as you. This could never happen back home. We never bought the sidecar.

Good luck getting your money back, although I doubt you will see any.
    Motorama

Jimbo denies your husband been ever in his shop , well, I spoke today with the other guy building CJs andhe doesn’t import used BMW engines, he keeps it all Chinese. You are correct,your husband was at his shop. Chinese proverb: Paper can't wrap up a fire.

Thanks
    Rotor

4. #24 Re: How long is a string..? 
    OK well I am just going to lock the thread.

I think Jimbo summed up his position and nothing more useful could now be added in this forum.

Rotor, you had the right to state your case and you come over as believing what you say and as I cannot see any point in your being malicious about it, even if angry, I feel sure it is a misunderstanding driving your posts somwhere. It does not make you seem credible but I understand it. Please continue to post here and join in but no more on this matter.

I suggest if you have evidence you gather it, arrange a neutral meeting with a mature and trusted third party present on both sides and negotiate an understanding. If nothing else you will learn that other points of view and positions, even if wrong from your perspective, can still be valid.

This is just advice given personally as it is beyond the scope of such a forum as this but no-one likes to see bad blood between members. If any want to continue the issue, do it by PM and arrange for email exchange OFF forum.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123