Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Hello from Texas 
    C-Moto Noob
    I'm an electrician and I work for the Veterans Hospital Administration. I've been a lifelong rider. Right now my 2 rides are a 2008 Kawasaki KLR650 with over 33K miles and a "new leftover" 2009 Kawasaki ER6n. I've had the KLR for over 3 years now and the ER6 for about 2 months and already have over 2500 miles on it. I came across MCM while looking for farkles for the kattle. Crazy Carl's intro and the thread on the Heist bobber hooked me on this forum.

2. #2 Re: Hello from Texas 
    Welcome Bob glad you joined in the madness
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

3. #3 Re: Hello from Texas 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Welcome to MyChinaMoto, KawboyBob. You'll be forgiven for riding only Japanese iron; I'd have a KLR650 here in China if it they were available and could be registered. But I love my chinabike, the Jialing JH600, which is a kindred spirit to the KLR.

Don't hesitate to post pix of your bikes, especially if you catch the bug and obtain a chinabike!

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #4 Re: Hello from Texas 
    C-Moto Noob
    Here's the kids. The ER6n was purchased because the price could not be passed up. Brand new for $4800. The ER6 is a really great bike but the KLR is the favorite. I like it's simplicity and comfort and ease of maintenance, plus it has proven to be reliable as a chunk of granite. I had figured these might be my last bikes because I like them simple (okay, the ER6 is not a simple bike but that is forgiven because it was such a bargain). I say my last bikes because mainstream bike makers seem to be forgetting what a motorcycle is. To me a bike should be simpler and cheaper and lighter than a car. So many bikes today are just 2 wheeled cars in my eyes. That's not for me. Then I saw the Heist Bobber and after a little research I found this site and read Crazy Carl's post and I realized I had Chinese motorcycles pegged all wrong (to much time on the Cycle World Ducati worship website). I find I like the simpler back to basic machines I'm seeing from China. So far on this forum I have learned that there is a bit of a learning curve to finding a reliable seller and getting support for the bikes. Just like it was when I first started riding Japanese bikes back in the "olden days". I liked those days.

5. #5 Re: Hello from Texas 
    Welcome to the forum and thanks of the pics and especially words! I share your views regarding bikes very much.