Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Xingyue 400cc bike 
    C-Moto Regular
    dear all, anyone seen one of this bikes on the road already - better even given it a try? they do look nice to me. wonder what the quality is like?
    did not manage to get the pics in here. wil try again later - tx heiri

Model : XY400Y-2(new product) XY400GY-2(NEW PRODUCT)
    Certificate: EEC/EPA EEC/EPA
    product size(mm): :2155×880×1210 2110×825×1340
    ground clearance(mm): 300 140
    max speed(Km/h): 140 140
    fuel capacity(L): 9 22,0
    seat height(mm): 880 820
    start model: kick/electric kick/electric
    tire size: 3.00-21 / 4.60-18 110/70-17 / 140/70-17
    wheel type: light alloy / light alloy light alloy / light alloy
    brake mode: Brake mode:Disc brake / disc brake Disc brake / disc brake
    brake operaion mode: hand/foot hand/foot
    engine style: Engine style:Single cylinder, water cooling,4stroke Engine style:Single cylinder, water cooling,4stroke
    displacement(cc): 386.8cc 386.8cc
    max.output 20kw/7500rpm 20kw/7500rpm
    transmission: chain chain transmission
    Net weight/gross 145/180 161/190

2. #2 Re: Xingyue 400cc bike 
    C-Moto Regular
    SORRY SIMILAR THREAD ALREADY ROUND... JUST CAN'T DELETE THE THREAD!
    heiri

3. #3 Re: Xingyue 400cc bike 
    You probably already found the 'bad' posts. The fact that there are no up to date recent 'good' posts probably says something about the quality. On the forum www.chinariders.net some of the members who owned one of the Xingyue bikes did not have good experiences. Part of the problem was the US distributor for them never carried parts or responded to owners' pleas for help/parts. They were distributed in Canada by another distributor, but I don't recall too many responses (actually, I don't think any of the Canadians bought one) probably due to the inflated costs in purchasing new bikes in Canada which seems to keep people away from unknown brands selling what are considered overpriced bikes(as compared to someone buying a used known branded bike) for Canada (the Xingyue bikes were/are priced fairly expensive in Canada).

My guess is that if you can find a (really) good deal and a parts supply they might be worthwhile to consider if you don't mind being sort of part of an experiment in quality control.

4. #4 Re: Xingyue 400cc bike 
    Someone had one in NZ.He was happy with it until the gearbox lunched itself a couple of months after he bought it.No back up for him either.

5. #5 Re: Xingyue 400cc bike 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    You probably already found the 'bad' posts. The fact that there are no up to date recent 'good' posts probably says something about the quality. On the forum www.chinariders.net some of the members who owned one of the Xingyue bikes did not have good experiences. Part of the problem was the US distributor for them never carried parts or responded to owners' pleas for help/parts. They were distributed in Canada by another distributor, but I don't recall too many responses (actually, I don't think any of the Canadians bought one) probably due to the inflated costs in purchasing new bikes in Canada which seems to keep people away from unknown brands selling what are considered overpriced bikes(as compared to someone buying a used known branded bike) for Canada (the Xingyue bikes were/are priced fairly expensive in Canada).

My guess is that if you can find a (really) good deal and a parts supply they might be worthwhile to consider if you don't mind being sort of part of an experiment in quality control.

thanks, culcune! spares should not be the problem (i hope) since i would use the bikes on my tours in china. VERY happy with the ybr250's but at times a dual sport would be nice. i think mike puzey, http://www.puzey.co.za/home/index.asp designed and had the bikes manufactured in china but he changed his partner because of quality reasons. not 100% sure that it where the xingyue so please don't hit me if i am wrong!

6. #6 Re: Xingyue 400cc bike 
    Puzey and Pitster Pro had some sort of short-lived relationship a few years back. Pitster Pro distributed one of the more intriguing looking of the Xingyue bunch, so that might have been some sort of part of the relationship. A couple of years ago, one of Puzey's (or so he identified himself as such) quality control guys based in China and a member here disavowed Pitster's and Puzey's relationship, and had some not nice words about Pitster's (at the time) and Puzey's (prior) OEM in China, Shuopu Science and Technology--I think Puzey has moved on, and Pitster has quietly and suddenly dropped its past larger street bikes.

If you are running your operation from China, and can find Xingyue parts easily, I couldn't see what would be a problem with carrying the 400's. I would encourage it as it seems that Chinese companies tend to use customers as its quality control groups, and you being there you could be right on top of things. Heck, they could improve their bikes to the point that they would make a viable alternative, if the price is kept in line!