Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 In the hills of Kentucky 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob mrphrancis013's Avatar
    Well the name is Phil. I am originally from the great State of Florida, but was brought to Kentucky when I was younger. I have been here, there, and everywhere. I am 24, have been riding since I was 16, started out on friend's dirt bikes of all sizes, moved onto friend's sportbikes. Then bought my own bikes, and scooter.

I started out on a 1975 CB550, loved the bike. So did the cop that showed up, had it towed, and took it out of the impound lot. All I know is he liked it, asked questions about it. Then 3 days later I go to get it out and it's gone. Sad end to a great bike. Especially since I rebuilt it to get it running.

Next is my 1997 CBR900RR Fireblade. 1st bike that has truly scared me. It was a built motor. A tick over 2 seconds for a 2 block run at 3/4 throttle. So yeah, scary. Lol. Fun though. I started to part it out this year for the extra cash. But as of right now, it's a frame, motor, arm, forks, brakes, and wheels. Everything else is gone. I'm debating on what to do with it right now. Was considering turning it into a cafe racer, or finish selling the rest. No pics of it currently, but here is one after I started parting it out.

My current 2 wheeled transportation is my Ruckus clone scooter I ordered from scooterdepot. Had a couple of hiccups but nothing too bad. Have done a few custom things to it. Drag bars, Renthal grips, carbon fiber bar ends, different mirrors, headlights, and Shinko white walls. Trunk sits on the floor, my girlfriend got a hold of the trunk bracket made a seat for it. Eventually the 50cc motor will be overhauled over the winter. Big bore, bigger carb, race cam, exhaust, air filter, jets, springs, etc. I can't wait.

Well that's some basic info on me. I am debating on what to do for another bike. I am thinking of either turning the CBR into a project or picking up a Ninja 650r to get me by while I slowly work on getting the CBR together.
    1975 CB550 - Gone but not forgotten
    1997 CBR900RR - Bare bones
    2010 ScooterDepot (Sunny) JM50 Ruckus clone scooter
    Looking into the DF Bobber and building a cafe racer

2. #2 Re: In the hills of Kentucky 
    Phil,
    Nice intro. Always wanted to try one of those Ruckus clones but in the 150cc flavor. Maybe one of these days. We have the liquor scooter laws here in NC bt the state is talking about changing it. FL had it for a while but changed it.

My ex moon shiner buddy and his liquor scooter hauling a big load.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

3. #3 Re: In the hills of Kentucky 
    C-Moto Regular
    Welcome to the Forum Phil! I've done a fair amount of driving through KY (mostly on 71/65) and would love to see pictures of some of your riding through that beautiful state!

4. #4 Re: In the hills of Kentucky 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob mrphrancis013's Avatar
    Ah. I wouldn't mind the 150cc. But Kentucky is getting tighter on getting as much money as possible. Plus for the price of the 150cc, I can afford the overhaul on the motor for the extra power, and still not be required to get a motorcycle and a scooter license, fulfill all of the registration for tags, and insure it. Although I might crack soon to get a plate so I can venture into Ohio, but I don't like Ohio drivers, they are oblivious most of the time to smaller vehicles. Most scooter owners in the Cincinnati area have said they don't venture into the more populated areas because drivers try to be in front of them, and that's when they see them, most drivers don't look. So I figured a loud bike gets more attention.

Well I am considering doing some pictures on here, and vlogging on Youtube. So I will eventually get to there once I get a camera and a cheaper helmet that I can convert into a camera helmet. So I will have some back country roads, some city roads, maybe some track videos, etc. I am especially looking forward to getting into the sights more known to Kentucky, and some that are very easily overlooked. And when I go out to other areas of the country to visit friends and sight see.
    1975 CB550 - Gone but not forgotten
    1997 CBR900RR - Bare bones
    2010 ScooterDepot (Sunny) JM50 Ruckus clone scooter
    Looking into the DF Bobber and building a cafe racer