Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Pulse adrenaline 125 front sprocket and exhaust 
    Hi I have just swapped the front sprocket on my pulse, to reduce the revs at 50mph from 8k to just over 5k, the part is here http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/Suzuki/E..._Plus_2_Teeth/

It has made all the gears more usable, first was far to short before, plus now 5th is more of an overdrive in normal use.

I also changed the end can for a yoshimura replica from eBay found with this item no. 290522993270

The sound is much louder and has a crackle and pop on overrun, it revs freely as the cat is removed with the old end can, just needs more fuel as the revs flatten out at 6k.

The fuel mixture has leaned out and needs to be up jetted, it has a drilled out 97.5 main jet in now, and I am not exactly sure what size to go to.

2. #2 Re: Pulse adrenaline 125 front sprocket and exhaust 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi im just about to fit my exhaust iv got the same one. Can I ask how did you fit it in the end? Can you run me through it? Maybe a couple of pics? Cheers

3. #3 Re: Pulse adrenaline 125 front sprocket and exhaust 
    hi mate, sure no probs about the pics, i just had to nip out to the garage and take some.

the original can should be easy to remove, i removed the side panel fixed with two philips headed screws visible from the outside, this uncovers the fixings for the original box, loosen the clamp around the pipe/endcan joint, then remove both bolts and rubber washers holding the box in place, and remove the can.

to fit the new can, i used the spring fixings that came with the can, hooked onto a jubilee/hose clip then tightened around the pipe shown in the first picture, for the support strap i bent it to suit the can then used one of the mounts for the side panel bracket (the lowest one) with the rubber bush too.

i found the springs were quite long so once the can was secure in the strap i could stretch the springs around the can so they were twisted slightly. plus the can was a really nice snug fit over the pipe. if you wanted the can to protrude a bit more (mine is tucked under the panel) you would need a 4 inch long extension pipe and to use the original endcan mount point.

the piccies are self explanatory, sorry its not clean, ive been out in the rain enjoying myself!

if you need any more info, please ask as im sure i forgot something

james

Untitled by offtheclockuk, on Flickr

4. #4 Re: Pulse adrenaline 125 front sprocket and exhaust 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi thanks for the fast reply and even better for adding pics. Ill be fitting it tomorrow. I managed to find a set of jets ranging from 100 - 120 that fit our carb on ebay. I think we will have to go to atleast 100 if not 105. Probably with the needle clip on bottom. And air/fuel about 2 turns out. Hopefully we dont have to change pilot jet. Ill let you know how I get on tomorrow.... How are you getting on with the jetting? Any tips, ideas or advice?

5. #5 Re: Pulse adrenaline 125 front sprocket and exhaust 
    hi mate, ive always said if i can help i will.

as for the jetting im not sure, me and my mate borrowed a jet drill but never asked the size before drilling my jet! so im thinking maybe 105-112.5 kind of area, ive been out on mine with the bigger sprocket on today and its definately short on fuel at high revs or wide throttle openings it misses and holds back, mix screw is 2 and three quarter turns out, which feels ok at low throttle/speeds,

let me know how the jets go if you get yours before me, (oh yeah i forgot to mention i drilled 4 16mm holes in the airbox too)

james

6. #6 Re: Pulse adrenaline 125 front sprocket and exhaust 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Nice one iv got the jets already mate. Where abouts did you drill the holes please.?

7. #7 Re: Pulse adrenaline 125 front sprocket and exhaust 
    One hole on each side of the box then one on the bottom on each side, I guess they will double as drain holes too.

Let me know when you get round to fitting whichever jet size you picked, I'll be ordering mine next week.

8. #8 Re: Pulse adrenaline 125 front sprocket and exhaust 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Will do tomorrow mate. Just out of interest what are your valve clearances if you know. Or do you know the factory settings?? Cheers

9. #9 Re: Pulse adrenaline 125 front sprocket and exhaust 
    I'm not sure mate, there was a thread on here about it, I'm going to be looking at mine soon, just passed 1000km so probably due.

10. #10 Re: Pulse adrenaline 125 front sprocket and exhaust 
    C-Moto Noob
    I found a 110 jet to be the best with that exhaust, but thats with the mesh restrictor removed from the filter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast