I am too lazy to check but the exhaust outputs for the GN250 are in the EPA data and would likely be the same as the Suzuki GZ250 Model. I pointed out earlier that the TU250 Suzuki with a different engine can not be registered in California and the GZ250 can be.

That is an assumption on my part that the GZ250 made in Spain has the same configuration and related exhaust readings as the GN250 model made in China. It also assumes that the TU250 made in Japan would be in the same configuration as the Qingqi 250 made in china. The TU250 has EFI and you would think it would have better emissions…but it is not CARB approved. CARB is the California standard and stricter then the National EPA standard.

The GZ250 (GN250) is CARB approved
The TU250 (Qingqi) is not CARB approved

On the Haojue website http://www.haojue.com/en/profile.jsp, they have the C3 emission standards listed. I am simply to lazy to check the levels and compare them to the levels in the EPA data for the models.

I would also assume that if either is or is not conforming it would be in that, the reading taken on the two models and then do they meet the C3 standards?

Here is the thing though the GZ250 seems to run cleaner with a carburetor then the TU250 with and EFI.
That assumption is on the TU250 not meeting CARB and the GZ250 does.

Is the C3 a stricter standard stricter then CARB? that’s is another bit of research I am too lazy to do. It is all about the output of certain gases and the riding cycle of the engines. The detail or differences can be in that as well that being the testing methods. However the test results can be compared as in apples to apples.

I would say if the GZ250 runs cleaner then that is all about its head and the twin dome combustion chamber with four valves. The TU250 only has two valves and even with EFI it is not cleaner. That may be the reason your not seeing it in china, even with EFI it may not meet the new standard.

The results are all in the EPA data and in multiple fields and I am too lazy to figure out what those all mean and how to compare them to the simple levels listed on the haojue site. The levels are based on CO, HC and NOX, however the cycles add variables…three I think. So you have three test for the three gases and they are likely based on different RPM and related speeds. It would take time to sort all that out and I am too lazy.