I ordered the 4 curve performance CDI from taobao through taobaofocus. I can't read Chinese so all of the info I have seen has been rough google translations. I'm hoping someone from the forum can help me understand the settings and features. I plugged the CDI and the bike runs fun but seems to be hard to start. When I plug back in the stock CDI it starts right up. So I'm trying to figure out the different curve settings to try them out.

Here's what I have to go by, if anyone could help me understand or has any input I would appreciate it.

The 4 Curve has 4 possible curve settings, hence the name. They are as follows.

---
(1) Street, running the curve (recommended): --- do not take the whole (infinite speed)
(2) Standard curve: the green line and chalk line then --- (infinite speed)
(3) rapid curve: the Green Line, Yellow Line , chalk line all connected --- (infinite speed)
(4) heavy curve: the yellow line and chalk line then --- (limited speed)

Street running curve (recommended): is the standard curve, in the acceleration of high-speed were strengthened. Suitable for single person (or light load) to use the daily walk.

Standard curve: the curve of the original car ignition to improve from. In the section of the acceleration speed slightly strengthened off the car's speed. Suitable for everyday use with a person or general load, general road.

Rapid curve: trying to low, medium, high, both for the degree of acceleration, and early reference to the early GS EN improvements come after the curve. Suitable for single people to pursue the accelerated use.

Heavy curve: torque in the speed section of the pursuit of some as large as possible, acceleration is smooth type, suitable for running a new car, truck climbing material, or with some off-road situations. After the turn the negative into the 10500 (non off the fire) speed limit, so speed is not a smooth operation of the engine after the shooting!

---
The unit came with 2 pink male connectors and one yellow and one green female connectors. Here's a pic of mine.

I'm assuming that I use these to set the different curves but the only information I have to go by is what humanbeing posted in one of the old CDI related threads.

Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
Google chrome is easy to get the very rough tranlated page.
-
4 curve

#1: 1.--- 2.--- 3.---
#2: 1.connect 2.connect 3.---
#3: 1.connect 2.connect 3.connect
#4: 1.--- 2.connect 3.connect

If anyone could help me figure out the different settings I would appreciate it. Any suggestions or input on which setting I should use? Here's a link to the item I purchased and a link to a thread that has some other information on the unit.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=9153717120

http://www.motoyes.net/bbs/thread-224640-1-1.html

http://www.motoyes.net/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=328873

Like I said from the info I assumed that leaving them all disconnected would give me Curve 1, the recommend curve from the listing. But the bike is hard to start like this. Once it's started it runs fine tho. Why would this be?