Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Qlink XF200 motor swap compatable engines 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Larry Tampa XF200 005.jpgLarry Tampa XF200 003.jpg2009 Qlink XF200 Super moto engine went Kaboom and I want to replace it with a new crate engine and would like to know which 200 cc or even better 250 cc engines will fit in same mounting brackets as stock XF200 engine. Trying to find a wrecked china bike with good engine I can swap out. Would Lifan 200 cc or Zongshen 200 cc fit? All you knuckle buster garage guys give me some input on what has worked for you if you have a qlink 200 enduro or supermoto.

Florida Larry

2. #2 Re: Qlink XF200 motor swap compatable engines 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Interesting project, and wish I could help with engine selection/compatibility. Someone in this forum will surely have some recommendations. Have you asked Qlink?

What caused the engine to go? Only two years old!

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #3 Re: Qlink XF200 motor swap compatable engines 
    I am also curious as to what made it blow, because I have the same exact bike... Could you replace with the same motor?
    2002 SV650S
    2006 CR250R
    2009 XF200

4. #4 Re: Qlink XF200 motor swap compatable engines 
    A guy over on chinariders.net just blew the top end on the engine on his new XP200. I knew he was going to have problems by running the s**t out of it. He got pissed at me for suggesting he get a bigger displacement engined bike to meet his requirements when he was asking about the Qlink.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

5. #5 Re: Qlink XF200 motor swap compatable engines 
    Buy Barnone’s XF200 and part yours out on eBay.

6. #6 Re: Qlink XF200 motor swap compatable engines 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Buy Barnone’s XF200 and part yours out on eBay.
    Thanks for the mention of my XF,MJH.
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...obbinsville-NC
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

7. #7 Re: Qlink XF200 motor swap compatable engines 
    C-Moto Noob
    That's a bummer, Larry. Your bike inspired my Moose Racing bag purchase!
    I'd also like to know what helped it grenade. This is the third one I've recently heard of parting itself out.
    As Barnone mentioned, the person on CR's made no bones about running it wide open for long distances on flat ground, brand new and if I recall, he didn't change the oil for a while or something? Bad combination on a brand new motor.
    The other one, I saw personally at my CB Guy's shop. It had less than 75 miles on it and already looked like it ran the Hangtown Motocross Classic. It ran a valve right through the piston. It appeared very violent...like seriously high RPMs.
    Any thoughts on what may have caused yours to go?

8. #8 Re: Qlink XF200 motor swap compatable engines 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Cab4less View Post
    Larry Tampa XF200 005.jpgLarry Tampa XF200 003.jpg2009 Qlink XF200 Super moto engine went Kaboom and I want to replace it with a new crate engine and would like to know which 200 cc or even better 250 cc engines will fit in same mounting brackets as stock XF200 engine. Trying to find a wrecked china bike with good engine I can swap out. Would Lifan 200 cc or Zongshen 200 cc fit? All you knuckle buster garage guys give me some input on what has worked for you if you have a qlink 200 enduro or supermoto.

Florida Larry
    I have two XF200 bikes and the one above is my ride and running great for now. The one my 17 yr old rides is the Kaboom bike and he likes to run the piss out of his ride. What I think happened is the transmission was binding and making humming noise in third gear prior to it locking up on my son. I think that started the problem and ended up spinning the bearing on the front sprocket shaft. My mechanic said if I could find a drop in motor for $700.00 it would be cheaper to replace motor than pay his labor to take engine apart. I have seen new Lifan and Zonkshen 200 motors for less than $500 delivered and wondered if it would bolt up to my frame. Anyone done this swap? I also am looking for a dr200 suzuki engine that runs to drop in. Any info would be appreciated. The scarry part is my son is riding my bike until I can get his running so time is of the essence. The next window is the ad with pictures of sons Kaboom bike.

9. #9 Re: Qlink XF200 motor swap compatable engines 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    This is my sons ride on Craigs list trying to find it a new home and stop the bleeding of my wallet.

Super moto XF200 project bike

10. #10 Re: Qlink XF200 motor swap compatable engines 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I have two XF200 bikes and the one above is my ride and running great for now. The one my 17 yr old rides is the Kaboom bike and he likes to run the piss out of his ride. What I think happened is the transmission was binding and making humming noise in third gear prior to it locking up on my son. I think that started the problem and ended up spinning the bearing on the front sprocket shaft. My mechanic said if I could find a drop in motor for $700.00 it would be cheaper to replace motor than pay his labor to take engine apart. I have seen new Lifan and Zonkshen 200 motors for less than $500 delivered and wondered if it would bolt up to my frame. Anyone done this swap? I also am looking for a dr200 Suzuki engine that runs to drop in. Any info would be appreciated. The scary part is my son is riding my bike until I can get his running so time is of the essence. The next window is the ad with pictures of sons Kaboom bike.
    As far as abuse level I don’t think my son went around wide open on redline but I know he road it aggressive and probably a 8 out of 10 for dogging factor. I maintain it and kept oil changed around 1000 miles due to all city driving and a little off roading. Maintenance level is a 9 of 10 so something internal gave out and most likely a quality issue in transmission. The bike turns over with the chain off so maybe a gear jammed and started the chain reaction.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast