Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: Qlink XF200 motor swap compatable engines 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    How about a EPA certificate on that engine?
    The engine is a replacement engine for a EPA compliant model, the EPA certificate for the model identifies the engine with an engine code that same code will be on the replacement engine.

the epa certificate is 9QNKC0.20N2Q-001
    the engine code is K166FML(30029444)

The engine is a K166FML (serial number)

2. #22 Re: Qlink XF200 motor swap compatable engines 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    The engine is a replacement engine for a EPA compliant model, the EPA certificate for the model identifies the engine with an engine code that same code will be on the replacement engine.

the epa certificate is 9QNKC0.20N2Q-001
    the engine code is K166FML(30029444)

The engine is a K166FML (serial number)
    Dear MJH,

Whatever hat it is that you are pulling these amazing data from, it's deep and impressive and I want one.

Still hoping you'll set up a consultancy to sell your services to the Chinese manufacturers. Damn but they could use the help.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #23 Re: Qlink XF200 motor swap compatable engines 
    I do operations analytics’ process engineering….http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._Edwards_Deming

4. #24 Re: Qlink XF200 motor swap compatable engines 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    MJH, Thanks for the info on Quingqi engine. I sent in a request with your info to Focus and await their response with pricing.
    Why dont you work out a deal with the webmaster for MCM and China Rider to set you up a link on their site to help other china bike owners who need to source parts for their bikes like a reverse of the orient brokers. You could charge a mininum % per order or a flat fee for small items and handle the process saving everyone time and pain with dealing with off shore brokers. Just an idea tossed out to try to improve the process of getting parts. It could even work into a bulk purchase program for bike owners wanting the same item.
    Qlink parts from the texas opperation are expensive. The motor I had quoted from them was $800.00 which is half of the price I paid for new bike with zero miles. I know they bring in bulk containers so freight would be a fraction of the freight on a single engine so you would think they would be less. I think they know most people wont take the time or effort to chase down supplier and part numbers so they price items with massive profit. A stateside broker service would probably help to bring cost down on china parts. Cab4less

5. #25 Re: Qlink XF200 motor swap compatable engines 
    Good luck keep us posted….I think finding items on Taobao is best suited for a person well versed in Chinese and is knowledgeable in the products. That one person should set up a paypal account and then do the search and anyone or everyone contributes for support. Setting up a site to sell items could be done, simply offer an interface that allows Taobao agents to list some items they have in stock. The same person that attracts the taobao vendor should manage the links and also get the fees collected.

I would say engines, wiring harnesses, light, meters rims, tires, braking systems…..carburetors, but also some sort of specs are needed….to insure people get what they want.

I think Taobao has lots of stuff, enough to customize say a 1970-1975 Honda?

an SL100 with a 200cc Lifan engine

There are lot of old bike out there with frames that basically are titled frames, that can be modified, this one only got an engine, but could get more.

different suspension but could look like this, with certain pieces and parts.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=5741311211

Rims, tires spokes, front brake, new gauges, rear springs…it could have electric start and full instrumentation that the Loncin 223cc would support.

I can find many of these for a few hundred dollars.

could look more like this
    Last edited by MJH; 07-09-2011 at 10:00 AM.

6. #26 Re: Qlink XF200 motor swap compatable engines 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    XF200 engine freight from China very high. I got price back from Focus and the $300 engine cost $550.00 in freight which is more than Texas Qlink price. Either was to high to justify buying so I found a local guy that does hobby mechanical work at great prices. I dismantled bike down to engine bolts and he came by and help me disconnect it and he took it to his shop on saturday. On Monday he called and said it was good news that only 3rd gear was chipped up and a bearing on counter shaft. My guess is $100 in parts and $100 for mechanic and everyone is happy. I do the grunt work stripping down bike and then putting it back together once engine is done. I am glad I didnt listen to the first mechanic who said it was to damaged to fix without even looking at motor. The really good news is now I get my bike back from son while it is in one piece.
    Below is a picture of sons bike with new blue paint job.

Cab4less
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Cab4less; 07-26-2011 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Add pic

7. #27 Re: Qlink XF200 motor swap compatable engines 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Great news on the engine rebuild, cab4less! You are now entering another dimension -- the dimension of user-serviceable low-cost Chinabike repair. You might consult with the guy about other stuff he can do while he's in there, particularly stuff like bearing replacements.

Not surprised about the expensive freight for shipping an engine from China, and glad you've dodged that bullet. It's good intelligence for others in this forum to know how much to expect to pay for a replacement engine. If there were more of these bikes in the US, someone could consider setting up an online aftermarket parts business like that UK outfit Chinese Motorcycle Parts Online. Won't get rich, but with more and more chinabikes in circulation, most of them imported by fly-by-night companies, it could be a decent niche.

Let us know when she's back on the road -- and maybe explain to that 17-year-old why some of the numbers on the tachometer are in red!

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

8. #28 Re: Qlink XF200 motor swap compatable engines 
    That is good news...

Unfortunately importing a single engine is expensive, the weight and cost is prohibitive. At least through Taobao it is, however importing an engine or motorcycle that is exactly the same as any existing conforming model is permitted.

Here is form that is used to import under such circumstances.

http://www.epa.gov/oms/imports/forms/3520-1.pdf

Here is a link to the regulations and related import exemptions.

http://epa.gov/otaq/imports/420b11015.pdf

9. #29 Re: Qlink XF200 motor swap compatable engines 
    Still no takers on what bigger engines would fit?

10. #30 Re: Qlink XF200 motor swap compatable engines 
    C-Moto Noob
    I was looking into the SSR XF250 as a replacement for the XF200 motor any ideas if it will work?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123