Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Hello from ChinaPete 
    Hello All, Glad to join this forum, I am from Cape Town, South Africa and have been living in Tianjin, China since late 1997. Started motorcycling in 1974 on a Suzuki 50cc 2 stroke, slowly progressing up to 400cc enduro bikes and 1100cc road bikes. I stopped riding in 1997 when I came to China but have recently been bitten by the bug again, in the last year I've bought a BMW 1200GS and a GS650 Dakar in South Africa. In April this year I did a short trip through Namibia on the 1200. Now I am now really keen to get a bike here and do some exploring around North China hence my first post re obtaining a license in Tianjin.

2. #2 Re: Hello from ChinaPete 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaPete View Post
    ...in the last year I've bought a BMW 1200GS and a GS650 Dakar in South Africa. In April this year I did a short trip through Namibia on the 1200....
    Dear Pete,

You simply cannot imagine the envy you're spurring in many readers of this forum! OMG -- two beemers in one year, and blasting through Africa!

You sound like you could be sold on a JH600. We need a guinea pig for the 2011 edition, which is just out!

It's pretty easy riding between Tianjin and Beijing, where there are quite a few riders (and readers of this forum), and with expressway access what it is, you could be joining group rides in Beijing's mountainous hinterland in just a couple of hours.

Welcome again, and cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #3 Re: Hello from ChinaPete 
    Welcome chinapete