Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Blinker...box

1. #1 Blinker...box 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Be warned - I am not in any way shape or form a mechanic. I can do a few things on cars my dad taught me, but that's extent of my mechanical ability.

Anyway, I was riding my new bike around my neighborhood today, since it's not legal yet, and I noticed my blinkers were just staying on - no blinkity blink.

After a short while longer, I noticed smoke. I hopped off the bike and removed a couple of the fairings and found something apparently related to the blinkers...melted to the exhaust. It looked like an outlet plug...only with the prongs right angled against each other. I removed the box and the blinkers will not even turn on (blinker box!)

My bike is a Zhejiang Xmoto 250, I just got it. I looked around at blinker kits, but could not find that exact part pictured. Someone had mentioned it be similar to a Honda cg125, so I looked around in that specific model also, but could not find anything.

Chances are I am not looking in the right place for the right thing, so any help would be appreciated! Also, if you know of where I can find a good/relatively cheap speedometer with cable, thatd be cool also. My speedometer works, but the cable broke, but the face of the speedometer was a little foggy so I might as well replace it.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

2. #2 Re: Blinker...box 
    ZJ are famous for making everything cheaply --often w no/ sub-quality. IF had another option, i won't consider their product as 1st choice.
    That thighy are "universal" / Just find the good quality one in ur side like below that marking out clearly a brand & model OR a USED one from jap/ Chongqing made chinese bike
    Quality one that made by GD maker http://www.sl138.com : fiited short circuit protect device/no buzzer/ supports led & warning singal
    Last edited by humanbeing; 07-08-2011 at 10:11 AM.

3. #3 Re: Blinker...box 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
    ZJ are famous for making everything cheaply --often w no/ sub-quality. IF had another option, i won't consider their product as 1st choice.
    That thighy are "universal" / Just find the good quality one in ur side like below that marking out clearly a brand & model OR a USED one from jap/ Chongqing made chinese bike
    Quality one that made by GD maker http://www.sl138.com : fiited short circuit protect device/no buzzer/ supports led & warning singal
    Thanks! Should work nicely.