Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 This darn weather!! 
    Well after having 2 months of excellent riding weather the rain has hit. In the past 3 days we have recieved over 2.5" of rain. The roads have become so muddy that even riding in the driveway is almost impossible.

What do people normally do when they cant ride? I have become so use to riding in the evenings with my wife, that for 2 hours there is nothing to do.

Guess I need to find a new hobby. What do you folks like to do besides ride? Seemed to have forgotten what I use to do before I rode.
    What the h@!! is an Aluminum Falcon?
    I dont travel to go dirt riding, I dirt ride everytime I travel!!
    http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/USMC-Mustang/

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

2. #2 Uhhmmmm ? 
    Master of Thump
    Uhmmmm ?
    Well, since you asked , Semper Fi guy , I can think of many things I do and ideas for you too . First one would be " its raining in the evening , you can't ride your bike for some reason beyond my understanding there ( are you gonna melt ? ) , but you have a wife , this should be a NO brainer for things to do with her for two hours , but I could point you to the book " the Joy of Sex " I guess ???? and Or
    Ok, you said for two hours , not two minutes right ????

Guns , girls , music , Mustangs , fishing , TV , mudd wrestling with Midgets , pollishing your bikes , the list is too long on things to do .

Cheers , Snortin out

The Snortin one is on the right track methinks. If you're bored, step up to the plate, choose something that interests you and give it a go.

You've got as much creative potential as time in the world.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Quote Originally Posted by Snortin Norton View Post
    Uhmmmm ?
    Well, since you asked , Semper Fi guy , I can think of many things I do and ideas for you too . First one would be " its raining in the evening , you can't ride your bike for some reason beyond my understanding there ( are you gonna melt ? ) ,
    Cheers , Snortin out
    Well, no I wont melt, but i will not make it far. Our ground is covered with Caliche, sort of like went concrete. Anything it gets into destroys it, plus it sticks to everything, and if allowed to dry it will reharden like concrete. Not fun to scrape off a chain.

Fishing part I will, and can do. These are monssons that develop hail the size of golf ball, to top it off wind and lots of lightning.

Mostly indoor games. Sex is great, takes up what 2 maybe 3 minutes??

Bikes are in the barn now, trying to keep them dry. 2" of rain makes killer mud, do it 3 days in a row, it makes it impossible. See the Elk picture, and you see my driveway drives from the top of a basin right into a river. Often it is 3' deep and 12-15' across this time of the year. The other times it is dry. Here they call it a seasonal river.

I am doing some hand carving of balsa. keeps me out of my wifes hair atleast. I will never-ever-ever do a modification on a beautiful spring day, it can wait till the end of June through the first of October.

BTW.. Culcune, we never hit 62 today, what was Yuma aka SE AZ high today..

5. #5 Sounds like a tough place to ride 
    Master of Thump
    Sounds like a tough place to get any riding in to me ????? Bummer !!!

Well, you could be worse off and have no bike like Culcune, ha ha ha .
    I am just wrong I tell ya !!!!
    I wish he lived closer I would just give him one of my pit-bikes to get out and get his jollies on at least . Although shipping would eat him alive too , bummer, for him ...

So, what are we carving in the Balsa ???? Me be interested in that , cool .
    Many a year has passed under a whiddlers knives here in the great U.S of A . Whatcha making ???? More importantly, what kinda knives or carving tools are ya using ??? I hand make gunstocks and pistol grips myself from fine exotic woods from blanks with handtools . Just one of my WAY TOO MANY HOBBIES !!!!!!

Hope the rain stops for ya , or ya move to a more ride friendly environment , or get big Knobbies, or something . Boredome isn't good for anyone, especially if you like to tip the cup with the booze crew .
    Boredome ? What the hell is that !!!!! I may be restless at times, but never bored . Life is way way way way too cool to be getting bored man .
    Too much to do and only 100 years to do it all in . Live it up, go get muddy and wash your bike right away !!! LOL !!! Problem solved

Cheers Semper Fi guy , have fun whatever you do though, tis important for good mental health , or in Culcunes world , good Mental Retardation health .
    Cheers Snortin norton out

Quote Originally Posted by USMC-Mustang View Post

BTW.. Culcune, we never hit 62 today, what was Yuma aka SE AZ high today..
    I just got home from the L.A. area late last night (windshield covered in bugs), but it hit about 111 F today , but heavy clouds rolling in, so we'll feel a little swampy tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    I just got home from the L.A. area late last night (windshield covered in bugs), but it hit about 111 F today , but heavy clouds rolling in, so we'll feel a little swampy tonight...
    YUCK!! Hit about 74' today, but the humidity is bad, lots of clouds, and thunder to boot. Love to hear it roll through the mountains here. Has been dry the last few days, and rode to A&W for a root beer tonight. Many of the trails are still pretty mucky, infact to much to ride in. Glad for the break, as our water collection tanks are FULL.

Clear tonight, so there is a good chance the monsoons are going to hit again tommorow. Need to go to the PO in the morning to ship Ebay goodies, so maybe I'll take the bike before the storms hit in the afternoon. Hate to take momma incase the weather changes, she is still a bit to green for foul weather riding.

Found a great project, decided to get the ceiling done in the MH.. The stupid heat we get before monsoons (90-95') destroyed the foam acking on the headliner. Used 8mm tounge and groove solid Red Cedar interior siding to laminate the ceiling. Stuff is light, and works great!! Used that new "Locktite" construction adhesive. Better than the old "Liquid Nails", and comes out of the caulking gun without bending the handle. Trowels out real nice.. Here is a photo.. Momma loves it. Alot better than the bare wood we were looking at after I pulled the old headliner out..

Yeap that Major Kurt in the picture.. Was cold OK, that is the reasoning for the "Al" flannel. Warm (75-80) until it rains, than it gets down right cold 55-60'). Yes my neck hurt when I finished every night. Think, I am 6' 5" and I still have to lean back and look up. Tall ceilings in Safari Chassis MH's..

Hope the ceiling holds up Culcune.. That is right above the couch we were going to stick you in if we every get a ride together..

Quote Originally Posted by Snortin Norton View Post
    So, what are we carving in the Balsa ???? Me be interested in that , cool .
    Many a year has passed under a whiddlers knives here in the great U.S of A . Whatcha making ???? More importantly, what kinda knives or carving tools are ya using ??? I hand make gunstocks and pistol grips myself from fine exotic woods from blanks with handtools . Just one of my WAY TOO MANY HOBBIES !!!!!!

Actually, I have a friend that makes vacuum molds on a machine we built out of an old Ryobi Vacuum and exterior siding.

I was carving some canopies as well as engine cowl molds for the old "Sterling" 1/6 scale RC P-38F Lightning as well as for the P-47M Jugg. Came out ok, but forgot to calculate into the vacuum forming, the thickness. Were way to big to fit onto either by about .040". Need to redo them again. Dont want to destroy mine by doing a Epoxy mold, but if I dont get it, I might. My canopies are begining to get a bit cloudy from all the years of Nitro fuel.

Culcune, did they brain wash you there in CA?? If so, I will bring cash, and relieve you of any firearms you may want to get rid of. Heck, I will even throw in some of my good homebrews as well as a bit of last years Corn Whiskey out of my stil..
    Last edited by USMC-Mustang; 07-14-2008 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Cause I failed english and caint spile

9. #9 USMC , Yeh but ??? 
    Master of Thump
    USMC , Yeh But ???????
    Where's the picture a of the Lightning 38
    Awsome plane there , as well as the Mustang . My two most favorite of course . The Britt Spitfire ranks right there with me too , another awsome plane . Sounds like a cool hobby to me and also some talent behind it to do the vac molds too . I just watched that History channel ( military channel ) on the Lightning the other night . Very cool footage of the dogfights of the ZERO and the P-38 .
    Ummm pics please !!! If you find time of course of the RC's .
    Oh by the way , that Cedar ceiling ought to keep in a few BTU's for ya in Winter for heat too , good idea there . And it looks so much nicer than the other ceiling you had going . Although if it ever catches fire, you'll have more BTU's than you may want .

Side note here . This forum heading of "Take it Outside" is for our ramblings, flag wavings etc , bike or non-bike . IMHO you can wave your flag high here without retaliation , especially if your on a bike . Cuclune of course wouldn't be able to do that The bike part that is , but he's a great American too . Its nice to talk bike most of the time on forums for bikes , but to get to know people , you got to let your hair down and write what you feel without retaliation . Yes, we all could e-mail eachother or PM's blah blah blah , but I actually like the oportunity to hear how people actually feel in public , especially if thier willing to write it for all to see . I think it is ok to write what you feel here , if it pisses someone off, they will probably let you know .
    The flag thing , well, of course that is controversial and will always piss someone off since were infidels and proud of it , but you wouldn't be writing on a Forum without OUR flag fellas and gals , remember that much ! You'd all be speaking German or Japanese . Don't forget it either !
    Being proud and waving your flag isn't a crime, tis your DUTY !!! Whatever flag you wave , from any country .
    I too did ROTC Air Force for four years , Drill team for that four years and in Funerals while in High School , I served my country and its fallen heros well then . I never entered the service though , I liked woman and drugs too much and declined going to the Academy on the free ride I could have had because my Dad is a Veit Nam decorated Vet ( Combat Chopper Mechanic ) MIA for 1-1/2 years, POW for another year before escaping , so I am very proud to be American and love my VETS and my Flag . I won't wave it on the Dirtbike/Enduro heading but I see no reason to NOT waive it on this heading of Take it Outside . I waive mine high and proud today , and want to thank all the Vets here , especially American ones for serving our military's so we can all write today like I am .
    USMCMustang , Thanks for my Freedom, I don't take it lightly !!!!!

Cheers, Snortin Norton
    Last edited by Snortin Norton; 07-15-2008 at 12:14 PM. Reason: More bad spelling !!!

Hawker Hurricane and the Mosquito. Two under-recognized planes from the era. Maybe one of you could whittle a 1:1 Mosquito out of wood, just like the original. My dad was in the Navy and Grandfather in the 8th Air Force naving B-24's in Europe during WWII. Went to check out a Consolidated 24 at an airshow some time back. Nothing like the sound of the radial reciprocating engines warming up on the tarmac. Too bad they can't be put in a motorcycle!

"Freedom", at least of the political type, is acquired through more means that military alone but I seldom see people lauding the good jobs of politicians, probably because so many of them become corrupt in the upper levels as a necessary condition of the system. Flag waving as a DUTY is one man's opinion and choice. To some it's great, to others it spells trouble and itself can be an impediment to "freedom".

MCM intends to be an international community and as long as respect is the name of the game and flag poles aren't used to draw lines in the sand, all is good.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast