Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    If the Adrenaline looks like a close match, you could check with any of the many Adrenaline owners in the UK. Many of them post in this forum.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

2. #12 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    ive found a website supplying them for a different bike but exactly the same its a zennco yb125 but the website doesnt have prices so i emailed them the other day but no reply, ive spoke to a man from ccm on the phone and he says they dont have the plastics in for my bike so i asked him to see if theres any other body kits that will fit my bike, waiting on him ringing back some time today, also when my bike was stolen they smashed into the ignition which has left me with just a switch attached to the wire, my lock key fits in nicely so ive been using that but if i was to get it replaced im not sure which part i would actually have to order, is it the ignition barrel?

3. #13 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    sounds like it should be a new ignition barrel with 2 new keys since the new barrel will not match the keys you have atm

4. #14 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    yeah i spoke to the guy from ccm again and hes said it would be a full ignition replacement thats £80, would there be a cheaper option or would i have to do that, i know its not that expensive but my bike is in a state so im wanting to budget myself, uploading some pics to my album now it seems to be taking a while, if anyone has any ideas for small mods i could do (with explanations on how to do it) to make it look good it would be appreciated :) thanks oh and incase you havent guessed im not very confident when it comes to mechanical stuff!

5. #15 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    £80 is pretty expensive for a chinese built bike, you dont have to go directly to CCM for a ignition barrel as the only thing it does is allow the bike to be switched on a firend of mine when his bike got stolen just installed a flick switch that he could hide in the headlight so that no one could steal it again.
    a CDI change could allow a small increase in performance its mostly just take a few panels off to uncover the CDI and plug a new one in and play about,
    bigger kets in the carb could get the mixture from a really lean mix to a more performance orientated richer mix allowing more fuel into the air/fuel ratio this does require taking the carb out of the bike just search around the web if your going to do this for suitable jets theres plenty of articles on how to do this especially from guys who mod geared 50cc's.
    thats the cheap option for the carb but just getting a proper genuine carb from a well named manufacturer would have a big increase in how it runs for example a pit bike running a chinese copy of a mikuni tuned to be as effecient for power as it can be will still be lower powered than one with a proper mikuni thats not even been set up well just quality of matter in this case.

6. #16 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    ok i think id rather get the full carb, but how do i know what to look for when im looking for one like what will be a good choice of carb that will fit and upgrade the bikes performance?

7. #17 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    jsut getting a bigger mm carb will increase the performance allowing more fuel to it but everything has its limits as if you go to the point where its chucking in the same amount of fuel as when its got the choke on per revolution you'll loose performance from the smoked and not enough air in the mixture its best to get as closed as possible which is suggested at 14.7 air to 1 of fuel sort of like mixing squash not too much of the expensive stuff. the biggest carb iv heard of being on a 125 is a 30mm keihin thats on my bike but its pumping out 20.1bhp and only gets 66mpg so it wouldnt be as needed on a air cooled bike since your engine is based off a CG 125 you could get a genuine honda carb for any of these honda 125's CG, CB, XR, CBR(early model) aslong as the inlet matches up the carb to the cylinder all should be good with some fettling.
    but if you want it to be richer easily without having to mess witht he carb too much you can get a honda CRF150 mikuni carb for the earliar air cooled model since its designed for allowing more fuel too a bigger capacity bike that'll be used for offroad performance.

8. #18 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Carburetor-125...-/220716431145
    would that be any use to me?
    also where would i look for a cdi?

9. #19 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    that carb aint bad does at that size you will have to change the jets abit to your needs be it efficientcy cheap to run bike or performance but the engine will get hotter from the more fuel being pumped in bear in mind.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-DIRT-PRO...item2ea40f87c3 something like this could work jsut make sure that it has the same connection number of pins and fitment as the standard one on your bike and not to revv its nuts off even though its unlimted the more revvs you give it the quicker it will pop

10. #20 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    does that mean i should maybe just try something a bit smaller to be safe? and is there a way of finding out if itl fit by like spec on an internet page or something without having to go look at the one on my bike first?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast