Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    its best to find out what your running orginally on the bike might be 18-20mm so a 22-24mm might be more suitable carbs are pretty much useable on any bike as long as they have a correct adaptor to fit the engine tbh the only info i have on your bike is from a friend who had one last year and that did blow and he did have to do quite abit of work to get her running well.

2. #22 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    ok thanks for the help bud, could you have a look at the pics iv just uploaded of my bike aswell theres alot of advice i could do with about getting it sorted, cheers :)

3. #23 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    if i was you i would sort out the rust abit just abit of WD40 to remove it wipeing it off properly and just a tin of hammerigth will protect the parts but the exhaust would need special high temp paint for it or could just swap it for a better one allowing the bike to breathe abit better . the carb looks like a standard chinese made unknown brand typical to air cooled engines jsut getting specs for that would be hard. one question if your bike has kinlon plastics already can you not get another set for it?

4. #24 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    i havent rang kinlon direct i will do that tomorrow as they will be closed now i have just searched online for plastics, i should recieve an email from a site with zennco parts tomorrow with prices and to be honest i want to change the pipe and exhaust as they are horrible and i think the pipe is beyond repair, although im not sure how much this would set me back pricewise

5. #25 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    aha yh the exhaust would take allot of cleaning and prepping to get to a alright state i would suggest a stainless steel down pipe atleast after a while it turns to a light copperish colour with teh heat cycle colours at the head that looks quite nice or a fully chromed one but a chromed exhaust can still rust

6. #26 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    you couldnt advise me on any particular pipe/exhaust combo to get which is suitbale for my bike could you? sorry if im being a hassle i just want alot of references for when it comes to doing all the mods to my bike instead of last minute internet searches cause il end up doing something wrong haha thanks again

7. #27 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    ahh thats no problem mate atleast someone is asking for my opinion for once where normally steer clear since im a motorsport engineer i like to know the facts and figures of things.
    exhaust wise i would say theres a high price to pay for performance and quality im just glad my DEP exhaust was free from the dealer a fault in the original silencer that needed to be recalled. depends what look your going for on your bike personally on supermoto's i like a low underslung exhaust sadly i couldnt do this on my bike. on yours a Cg125 reace exhaust could work but they are nromally excessively long but they come in one piece no seperate downpipe or silencer there. DEP and FMF are probably the best exhaust you can get there designed for the CRf 150 but there over a good £300 usually, this big gun exhaust could work but it does look abit generic for a dirtbike pipe
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-CRF150-C...item588edccdf1
    one thing if you get a free flowing race pipe is to remember to keep off the revvs as soon as you see a copper car cos if they see a exhaust missing the CE stamped mark your pretty much screwed over atm im trying to find something to hide whats stamped on my exhaust "for race use only" but if you keep within the 95db limit you should be alright.

these exhausts are made for honda use's but any exhaust can be adapted really its just where they are bolted to the engine is where it may need some modifying one tip is to get some exhaust putty to stop any gaps allowing gases out to early as this reduces back pressure more than it should

8. #28 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    yeah il probably look for a second hand dep one, do i have to get a pipe to match the exhaust or will it just be a case of attaching the two parts together no matter what i get, im guessing they will have to be the right size for eachother to match up but apart from that im not too sure

9. #29 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    just had a quick look mate can only find a dep s7 silencer for a small honda which is 96db and £300 so not something id be looking at unfortunately anything else you can add? cheers

10. #30 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    yh they need to be relatively the same size diameter tog et a consistent flow in the exhaust but having abit of a blown system can also work having a larger diameter silencer joining section aslong as the transition is smooth.

if your looking for a cheap second hand one you could try and find a SMC Yb 125 SM ehxuast fully chromed will definitely be better quality than your standard exhaust or try and find a exhaust for a early model Honda XL 125 the single cylinder model not the new varedo v twin one

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast