Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. #31 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    quick google search on the smc nothing came to light but ive found a practically brand new one on ebay with 8 days left could you take a look please http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-xl-125k-...item1c1d2a06a2
    cheers

2. #32 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    oh that is nice and a micron those are rare now the companies been dead for 2 years nowif you can get it, keep it clean and it will sell for the same price as you got it looks in mint condition that

3. #33 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    how much do you think i should offer him its got 2 bids and 8 days left i dont want someone else to pick it up from him before then

4. #34 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    you can always make him a offer via the questions area i would say £70 asking but dont bid £70 just incase the interest boosts up and it gets up to stupid price

5. #35 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    yeah i think il wait a few days and see what it gets to then make him and offer and see how it goes, uve been a big help here mate thanks alot

6. #36 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    good idea just check it every once in a while and no problem mate if you need any other tips just ask

7. #37 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    well in the distant future i wanna get the bigger gold forks which are on the ccm sm 125 and the wheels too, i want to add a back box, hand guards an aftermarket headlight although i dont want it to have the dim bulbs and also id like to know if different shaped plastics would fit my bike, i would love to get the plastics from the pulse adrenaline although i havent got a clue if they would go on, oh and while your online if you know much about chain tension and sprockets i have to keep tightening mine every couple weeks as it keeps becoming slack and i dont want to go ahead and buy a chain and sprocket kit if it turns out that the parts are not the problem, any advice? and dont worry about answering all of that its just a summary of everything i want done which il probably end up adding to when i get a bit of experience behind me and also other members might have knowledge on specifics ive just mentioned :) thanks again :D

8. #38 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    aha yh the gold forks do look nice on the SM model but might be costly since the only scrapper ones are normally head on collisions meaning there mucked up anyway, handguards do look nice on the TL my firend fitted them on his one mate a hell of allot of difference if you are riding in the winter.
    different shape plastics best i can think of is trying to find a rebadged and rebodied version of your bike as the fitment will be the same the TL compared to the adrenaline is a very thin bike.
    as long as your battery is 12 volts the headlight shouldnt be dim unless theres a wiring fault. polisport make some proper nice headlights this is my personal favorite and a huge hit over in finnland
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Polisport-Halo...item20bafc0c80 the colour plaque comes in all different colours depending on what you want.
    on the cahin tension it could be very bad adjusters that arent a good fit to each other threads might be abit damaged only fix i can think off isnt particulary safe one it requires using loctite on the bolts to keep them in place also the quality of the bolts might mean they snap when you try to take them apart if you do this good idea to get better chain adjusters just to test the theory of it being the adjusters them selves.

9. #39 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    im not too sure on how to go about finding a rebodied version would i just look for bikes with the cg engine? and does that mean the plastics for the would fit xl125 im not sure what exactly to go by and if i was to take the bike to a mechanic do you think he would be able to tell me the problem with the chain and how to fix it?

10. #40 Re: ccm tl 125/kinlon sm125 
    hmm a mechanic i would be abit iffy around one since most are there just to rip you off make sure its a mate or someone youve known well that way you'll get a honest answer to how and what the real cost is to rectify the fault.
    trying to find a rebodied one i would slowly skimm through this catalogue to find anything similiar
    http://www.chinamotorworld.com/products.asp?ty=4 its allot fo pages but would be easier than doing wildly variable searches for one

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast