Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: Two days' motor living---my JH600 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Hi Lion,
    Welcome to MCM family!

great news you finally got your big Jialing 600. Good for you. Take your time, its a big motorcycle (moto) to be learning on, especially here in China. Do you have any dirt tracks nearby where you can ride, to learn some of the fundamentals of riding a moto?

It would be good practice for you, and help you become better acquainted (learn your bike better). Have you tried to make contact with some of the MCM Beijing riders? They might be able to help you get yourself setup. Give you some ideas and advice.

I am sure you will be ok, but I worry a little that you've had 4 "offs" in such a small amount of time. It might be worth getting yourself a smaller moto so you can practice, so it wont be so expensive when you come "off" your moto.
    Riding a moto is nothing like driving in a car, van, bus, truck etc.

Take your time, relax and be aware of everyone and everything around you, and learn how to anticipate what everyone else around you MIGHT do - before they do it... and lastly return home safe to your wife and daughter.

Also use the horn all the time... it will save you!

2. #22 Re: Two days' motor living---my JH600 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum Lion. And congratulations on your new JH600.

I have the same motorcycle, same color, and also purchased from Zhang Hai Tao. Another local JH600 rider (Barry), as well as some other riders (all types of bikes), often go for group rides into the mountains. You are always welcome to join us. Please send a private message to Barry or myself for contact details.

I hope you enjoy your JH600 - I have really enjoyed mine. It is a fun bike.

3. #23 Re: Two days' motor living---my JH600 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Do you have any dirt tracks nearby where you can ride, to learn some of the fundamentals of riding a moto?
    It would be good practice for you, and help you become better acquainted (learn your bike better). Have you tried to make contact with some of the MCM Beijing riders? They might be able to help you get yourself setup. Give you some ideas and advice.
    Hi bikedoc,very kind of you,fantastic suggestions,there are some dirt tracks nearby,I'll take some practice there,practiice makes perfect,right bddy?

I have sent private mesage to Lao Jia Hou and Barry,hope to ride with them and learn the skill from them,the more important is riding together to enjoy the nature,that's great.

I should take my wife and daughter into my heart all the time when I'm driving,keeping safety is the most important thing,your reminding is kind of alert sounding arond my head all the time.

Struggling and happy struggling,one motor newbie on the way.

Thanks again my friend.

4. #24 Re: Two days' motor living---my JH600 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    I have the same motorcycle, same color, and also purchased from Zhang Hai Tao. Another local JH600 rider (Barry), as well as some other riders (all types of bikes), often go for group rides into the mountains. You are always welcome to join us. Please send a private message to Barry or myself for contact details.

I hope you enjoy your JH600 - I have really enjoyed mine. It is a fun bike.
    Hi "old fat"(don't you remember you told me what your name means?),it's so coincident we have the same motor,I know how you drive great from ,I wanna learn this skill from you,hope to join your group rides asap.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123