Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and have spent some time looking around for information that will help me with my bike. 2 years ago I purchased a dual sport from powersportsmax.com and I have had it in the garage ever since. We occasionally take it out on little neighborhood rides and it has always worked flawlessly except for 2 things. The fuel line was of inferior rubber and after about a year it split and dumped gas in the garage. The other thing was that the battery was also quite mediocre and had to be replaced which was a little bit of a trick since none of the available motorcycle batteries were a direct size replacement. Had to hammer the retaining bracket to a slight different shape to hold it, but it was simple and has worked wonderfully. So I finally got it licensed for off road use here in Utah and I took it out to the country to teach my wife how to ride. she has been dreading this day for two years. You can imagine. Well we get out to this great place to ride and I have her riding a small SSR 125 pit bike. I am on the GY200. She quickly picks up on shifting and breaking and I just putter around following her letting her go at her own pace. She takes us way out on some gentle curvy dirt roads and eventually she turns to head home. At that point my GY200 dies and won't start. It acts like the battery is dead. No cluster lights or starter relay clicking. Nothing I do at the moment helps. So I end up coasting and pushing the bike back to our base and I let my wife ride around by herself for a while. That was 2 weeks ago and she is smitten and can't wait to go back out and go riding. (Hurray, success!)Problem is I haven't been able to resolve the electrical problem with the GY200.
When I pulled the plastic and seat to examine the problem I found that the connector to the starter relay was not fully seated and clipped. I probably caused that myself while troubleshooting and replacing the battery earlier. That might be why it wouldn't crank at the end on our little country ride. Once I seated the connector fully all of the lights and speedometer and the starter were fully functional. Exactly how that effected the lights I am not sure. However, It cranks like crazy but won't start. No puff, no pop, nothing. I pulled the plug and looked at the spark. It sparks constantly but seems weak to me. So I assumed that the spark was ok. I moved on to the carburetor. I had full flow through the fuel line. Pulled the carb to inspect the fuel bowl and it was full of gas and spotlessly clean so I left that and reassembled. However I still can't get it to fire up. I sprayed starter fluid in the intake a few times to see if I could get a pop and nothing happened. At this point I begin to suspect electrical again so I start inspecting the wiring harness. I touched the harness just before it goes under the tank and I see sparks and the fuse was blown. The harness was rubbing on a coil mount screw and had worn through the tape and wire insulation. I have replaced the fuse. I un-taped the wiring harness and found that out of about 15 wires that were bundled at that point, the one red battery lead wire to the ignition switch is the only one that had been compramised. What is the chance of that. I repaired the damage with a butt connector and now guess what? I can't even get it to crank anymore. Oh yeah, all the cluster lights work, the turn signals work, the horn works, etc. But now I am worried that the more I do, it seems the more problems arise. This is demoralizing.
i can't find any real electrical diagrams for this version of 200cc dual sport china bike. I have been using the Portuguese diagrams and they are so close. They are very helpful. I think the CDI is ok or I wouldn't get spark, unless it is truly a weak spark. I am usually quite capable with all things electrical, electronic, mechanical, automotive, small engine, etc. So this has me chasing my tail a little. this is humbling and probably good for me.

In the Maintainance area there is a sticky post that no longer points to a functioning pdf.

Sticky Post.jpg

If anyone still has the manual available I would like to take a look.

I wonder if my HS 163FML 200cc engine is a pushrod type engine. It doesn't have any ports on the top of the engine for adjusting valve clearance.

IMG-20110713-00205.jpg

Salt Lake City-20110713-00210.jpg

It sure purrs like a kitten when it is running.

This is probably one of the cheaper versions of china bike. After reading for a while I think it might be related to the Shineray types. I don't have the exact name here with me but I will post it tonight or tomorrow.

Love my china bike, mostly when it is running.

Sorry if this was a long and boring post

Thanks for any help.

Salt Lake City-20110713-00212.jpg
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Don/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]