Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Newbie

1. #1 Newbie 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey

So i am going to buy my first bike and really like the Bobber syle bike. I came across "Tha Heist" and really like it. Being a first time bike owner i think this is a a good first bike to have. I understand that it is a Hard Tale and it is a little rougher ride. Besides that, i am trying to be cautious and would like to know any other reasons not to or for getting this bike?

2. #2 Re: Newbie 
    hey welcome if your interested in "tha Heist" theres a on going thread in the street section its packed with a hell of allot of information about the bike
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...-CCW-tha-Heist

3. #3 Re: Newbie 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SASH83 View Post
    So i am going to buy my first bike and really like the Bobber syle bike. I came across "Tha Heist" and really like it. Being a first time bike owner i think this is a a good first bike to have. I understand that it is a Hard Tale and it is a little rougher ride. Besides that, i am trying to be cautious and would like to know any other reasons not to or for getting this bike?
    Welcome to MCM.

As a new rider, looking for a first bike, I would recommend that you consider a "normal" upright seating position with mid foot controls. Learn on that. A bobber with a varied seating position, and often forward foot controls and tighter handlebars makes it more difficult to acquire basic riding skills. You may learn to hate motorcycling if the bike doesn't fit properly.

But my foremost recommendation would be for you to find an MSF course (lots in Houston, TX), register in it, take the course, and listen to what the instructor/coach advises. There is simply no better way to learn than an MSF course.

And after you've acquired some basic skills, and feel comfortable on the road, you can try out the bobber style.

My 2 cents.