Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Yamaha Jog fully customized. 300km 8000yuan 
    C-Moto Noob
    IMG_1195.jpgIMG_1192.jpgIMG_1193.jpgIMG_1178.jpgIMG_1186.jpg

Hi everybody.I'm selling my 12th bike in Shanghai. Cheap, for 8000 (its 4000 cheaper then the tuning cost for me, not even speaking about the price of the bike itself) Its super fast and really lightweight. I was making it for stunt driving. All the works ve been done in YAMAHA shop at 杨浦区 (the biggest yamaha shop in shanghai) so you can be sure in the quality of customization. The engline inside is 56mm, which means 138cc instead of stock 100cc. Whole suspension and brake system changed. Tyres also. Actually everything is changed except rear rim and the frame. Making wheelies with a touch of a trottle. Engine is in perfect condition, i finished 500 really slow, about 40kmh everytime, changed oil two times during that period and then changed the oil again and for now went about 300 km in a normal mode. Everything is working perfect, but the only thing is my back hurts, because of the size of bike.. im 193 tall and its just too small for me. Its pity that i realized it only when i already made it. Its the only reason why i'm selling it now. Will buy a supermoto after this. Maybe even chinese xtr250 or honda crf250, didn't decide yet. But for sure, it will be big. So, who is interested - contact me on e-mail to know the details.
    Last edited by k3rk; 07-22-2011 at 12:17 PM.

2. #2 Re: Yamaha Jog fully customized. 300km 8000yuan 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks everyone, the bike have been sold today.

3. #3 Re: Yamaha Jog fully customized. 300km 8000yuan 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear k3rk,

Belated welcome to the forum, and a special hello on behalf of our local Shanghai cohort.

So you've sold a scooter and have cash burning in your pocket. Have you decided what to buy to replace it?

At your size, I expect you'll find a dual sport/motard like the ones you've cited to be a much more gratifying ride than the little scoot. I see even short guys riding around on scooters and they seem really to have no idea what to do with their legs. Your knees must be up around your chin!

Seems you've owned a lot of bikes, and are friendly with a wrench. Given your skills and the paucity of new bikes that are C3 compliant, are you leaning toward buying a legal C2 bike -- i.e., a used bike -- and transfering the registration? If you can find a well-maintained bike, which is easier said than done in China, you'll probably find you have more choice.

Do keep us posted as you do your shopping! Hope to see you with a new steed at one of our rare Shanghai gatherings...

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #4 Re: Yamaha Jog fully customized. 300km 8000yuan 
    can some buddy please give me the ADD of YAMAHA shop at 杨浦区 (the biggest yamaha shop in shanghai)
    and an idea about there prices please ...

Thanks alot