Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Hola! from Honduras 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello All,
    I'm a new member here. I've been reading a lot on the site for the last couple weeks and just got around to joining. I am an American but permanently retired to the island of Roatan. We are in the Caribbean and part of Honduras. There are LOTS of Chinese motos here on the island and on mainland Honduras as well.
    I've had many motorcycles in my life (Harley, Triumph, Honda) and always done all of my own work. But I did not bring one with me to the island. Being short on funds and always up for a challenge I decided to find a used moto here that I could restore/repair. So, attached are some pics of my new project. It is a Shineray 2007 XY200GY II. VIN LXYPCML0770B08***, Chassis # 169FML7A023***. Cost, $450. It runs but needs some work. The electric starter does not work, the headlights do not light, there is no battery, and I'm sure there are other things that I don't know about yet. Yes, it really looks a fright but this is an island where ALL vehicles take a beating from the salt. Hence, lots of rust. This is a big part of the reason that I did not want to buy a new or more expensive bike. Whatever you buy will look like this in two years anyway.
    I have more pictures of the bike here:
    http://www.cig.usa.canon.com/p?p=FBm7vhC3Wv7
    That is a photo album hosted on the Canon Image Gateway web site.
    As you can imagine I will be having some questions for the forum!
    Parts for this should actually not be too hard to come by. There are repair shops on the island with used parts and some dealers on the mainland. What I could use is some help with any info about what other branded names of bikes would share common parts with this Shineray. I've included the VIN # since I saw on here somewhere that it might allow identification of a manufacturer? Does anyone know what other bikes might use the same parts as this Shineray? Any other background info someone might have that could be helpful rehabbing this bike? Many thanks. This is a great forum. Barry
    shineray.before.5.jpgshineray.before.11.jpgshineray.before.1.jpgshineray.before.9.jpg
    p.s. Before I really start riding this bike I am going to take it down, probably all the way to repainting the frame, and put it back together in a stripped down form. I'll post more pics as I progress. b.

2. #2 Re: Hola! from Honduras 
    Fitted a pushrod machine that similar to this spec
    That model used sold in US http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...&view=previous

Depends which part (ie. NOT related to wiring) F***s/ Exchange these will make " electric start" usable again
    Last edited by humanbeing; 07-18-2011 at 01:51 AM.

3. #3 Re: Hola! from Honduras 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi humanbeing,
    Thanks for the info. From what I read in the links you provided it sounds like the engine on this Shineray is derived from a Honda design. Do I have that right? The site with the parts for the starter refers to CG200. Is that also another possible 'type name' for the motor on my bike? Will some engine parts from a Honda model work with the Shineray XY200 motor? And if so, what model. Sorry for having such Noobie questions... and thanks for the help. This will be a learning process. b.

4. #4 Re: Hola! from Honduras 
    Quote Originally Posted by leclaw View Post
    Hi humanbeing,
    Thanks for the info. From what I read in the links you provided it sounds like the engine on this Shineray is derived from a Honda design. Do I have that right? The site with the parts for the starter refers to CG200. Is that also another possible 'type name' for the motor on my bike? Will some engine parts from a Honda model work with the Shineray XY200 motor? And if so, what model. Sorry for having such Noobie questions... and thanks for the help. This will be a learning process. b.
    Very few Honda part will fits this 200 because it's a "re-design" (different stroke/ parts size ...) based on the 125 ansector.
    200 parts putted in the 125 : http://family.saycoo.com/viewthread.php?tid=269889
    BUT the CG125 service / parts manual are worth reading because it's 95+% simialr inside apart from size.
    Last edited by humanbeing; 07-18-2011 at 01:55 AM.

5. #5 Re: Hola! from Honduras 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi humanbeing,
    Wow, that photo journal of the engine tear down is great. Brings back memories of the old days...
    I will track down the manual for the CG125. Thanks!
    Does the Shineray 200cc have parts in common with any of the other Chinese bikes such as Lifan, Zongshen, Qlink, etc? I have been to the Shineray website. Do they build their own bikes/motors or does someone else make parts for them?
    I appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me.
    b.

6. #6 Re: Hola! from Honduras 
    Quote Originally Posted by leclaw View Post
    Hi humanbeing,
    Wow, that photo journal of the engine tear down is great. Brings back memories of the old days...
    I will track down the manual for the CG125. Thanks!
    Does the Shineray 200cc have parts in common with any of the other Chinese bikes such as Lifan, Zongshen, Qlink, etc? I have been to the Shineray website. Do they build their own bikes/motors or does someone else make parts for them?
    I appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me.
    b.
    Haynes ("old" CG w/o start motor) can easily d/l from web BUT modern "storm" SDH125-46 factory manual are more similar IF already know how to using tools.
    motomanual.com.ar had some "goodies". Search "cg 125" OR "CGL 125" (current Honda model in Latin Amercia/ Africa that made in Guangzhou )
    The generic chinese term "CG200" = pushrod machine that using 63.5mm piston, often made in Chongqing (World "capitial" of small petrol engine )
    cg200 / 163FML chinese parts catalog/ manual can easily find on web BUT they NEVER tell u how to put it together ( pls ref "Honda parts manual" )