Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: CFMOTO 650 NICE PICS 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    The bike is copy of a Kawasaki ER-6N, which was offered in the USA up till 2010.
    Now the only question left is if this is done with, or without the approval of Kawasaki. The fact that CF Moto is having a slightly different frame, a different swingarm, forks, etc. makes me believe I know the answer .....
    An other sad story if true.

Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    I wish that the Chinese would publish details on specific model sales, it would benefit the industry and dispel the mythical perceptions of what the people actually want….
    You really had a sweet dream last night, hadn't you?

2. #12 Re: CFMOTO 650 NICE PICS 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    The CF650NK maybe a copy of the Kwaka E5-N for sure it looks so similar, even if it is then perhaps CFMoto may have bought the IP to that bike from Kawasaki Japan, as they seemed to or must have done with the CF250T-F (Fashion ViP) which is a Honda Helix clone. I seem to think they must have not just blatantly copied that Honda Helix scooter as CFMoto didn't just sell them domestically but also exported in quite some numbers. This is one of the models they pushed in America. So perhaps there is a deal they've done with Kawasaki to, and given that CFMoto are aggressively exporting the CF650NK as they are most of their models I'm sure that Kawasaki Japan would be all over it like hot glue if they thought there was any breach/blatant copying... but all this is conjecture.

3. #13 Re: CFMOTO 650 NICE PICS 
    they still make the ER-6 theyve only just realised the newest revised 3rd generation model which is more aggressive looking my father is even on his second ER-6F the full fairing version which does 143mph which has been personally verified

Kawasaki ER-6n 2012.jpgthe new ER-6N new chassis, swingarm, engine mapping, exhaust and exterior
    kawasaki ER-6F 2012.jpgthis is the 3rd gen ER-6F all the new parts the N gets but with fairings
    Kawasaki ER-6F 2011.jpgthis is what my father has apart from the under tray is a metallic silver on special request a 2nd generation after owning the frist generation my father does say its a huge improvement full digital clocks and better engine mounts to reduce the vibe from the parralel twin

4. #14 Re: CFMOTO 650 NICE PICS 
    They offer that model as the 2012 Ninja 650 in the USA.

Seems hard to believe that Kawasaki would hand over the rights to the 650 engine, that all these models share.

5. #15 Re: CFMOTO 650 NICE PICS 
    out of all the 650 offering from Kawasaki, the Versys is my favorite.

6. #16 Re: CFMOTO 650 NICE PICS 
    i doubt kawasaki would sahre there engine details to another company apart from suzuki who they do a few "business" deal with technology, they also do a bored down 400cc version which is sold in japan, hong kong and i think canada aswell

7. #17 Re: CFMOTO 650 NICE PICS 
    Kawasaki has a partner in BAJAJ
    http://www.bajajauto.com/
    They shared the 185 engine with BAJAJ and likely aided in the development of the 220cc Pulsar

8. #18 Re: CFMOTO 650 NICE PICS 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennon View Post
    i doubt kawasaki would sahre there engine details to another company apart from suzuki who they do a few "business" deal with technology, they also do a bored down 400cc version which is sold in japan, hong kong and i think canada aswell
    If you look at the frame, you see that there are similarties.
    But if you look at the outside engine details, you see they are defintely NOT the same.
    Just an other unpaid "copy" bike, although at least they spend some time and money on an other look.

E.

9. #19 Re: CFMOTO 650 NICE PICS 
    over here the ER-6F/N is one of the most versatile bikes offering good money back deals also well put together which makes it quite a popular bike over here, the low seat height and good riding position make it one fo those bikes novices and those getting on abit enjoy to ride

10. #20 Re: CFMOTO 650 NICE PICS 
    C-Moto Noob
    Im falling in love with these bike...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast