Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: CFMOTO 650 NICE PICS 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatagoniaCondor View Post
    Im falling in love with these bike...
    CFMoto will release the CF650TR (here in mainland China in November 2011) which is the touring model of the 650NK. The 650TR comes complete with a full fairing, integrated side panniers & a choice of colours once production numbers get well under-way, though as I suspect as happened with the CF250T-6A Jetmax initially colours will be restricted to whatever production run is under-way at the time. The 650TR doesn't come with a centre-stand though which I feel is a big oversight for a touring style motorcycle. I'm planning a site visit to CFMoto coming later this month to expressly look at the 650TR in more detail.

A friend recently was able to test ride a 650NK on display/for sale at a local Suzuki dealership (who also sell other brands including CFMoto and Regal Raptor) . The friend liked it a lot, commenting specifically on its great handling & speed characteristics, saying that if he was going to be staying in China longer than his employment contract allows he'd likely buy one.

2. #22 Re: CFMOTO 650 NICE PICS 
    They have a version that they are offering as a Police bike…

3. #23 Re: CFMOTO 650 NICE PICS 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    They have a version that they are offering as a Police bike…
    That's old news which I posted about previously. The new 650TR version is a normal touring motorcycle without all the bells-&-whistles of the police version, for civilian use.

4. #24 Re: CFMOTO 650 NICE PICS 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Those are some nice big stoppers on the front wheel! Does the civilian bike also come with dual front rotors?

Could also do with a bit less fairing. This police unit looks ponderous and heavy...

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

5. #25 Re: CFMOTO 650 NICE PICS 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Those are some nice big stoppers on the front wheel! Does the civilian bike also come with dual front rotors?
    Could also do with a bit less fairing. This police unit looks ponderous and heavy...
    cheers
    Jeff, the civilian version which I coined as a RS in other posts about the bike comes with twin front rotors. I like the idea of the fairing, as I feel that one needs a certain amount of protection not just from the natural elements but all the man made ones... I get in after a bit of riding, and even with all my protective gear that I wear, I'm still able to get the sink water really grubby when I have a wash. I can only pity those of you in the bigger and more polluted cities/locations.
    I think the civilian 650TR slash RS looks less bulky than the police version. But I will see myself, just as soon as I get the call... again, it's the lack of a centrestand that I'd like to see included, that's more my concern. Will push this one to whoever listens at CF...

6. #26 Re: CFMOTO 650 NICE PICS 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    That's old news which I posted about previously. The new 650TR version is a normal touring motorcycle without all the bells-&-whistles of the police version, for civilian use.
    How much more fun it should be to drive around with all those bells-&-whistles

7. #27 Re: CFMOTO 650 NICE PICS 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Thanks, Dennis. Seeing this bike in multiple incarnations, and knowing that Chunfeng is launching it into Latin America, makes me hopeful also that it's putting some pressure on Jialing and the JH600. Yes, Jialing is a huge state enterprise that wouldn't know a customer if it tripped over one, but market forces are market forces, and it would be lovely to see some head-to-head competition between these two in that mid-displacement street/dual sport class!

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

8. #28 Re: CFMOTO 650 NICE PICS 
    Quote Originally Posted by 998S View Post
    How much more fun it should be to drive around with all those bells-&-whistles
    haha, well last year while I was riding my Dragstar 1100 round the mountains, I was between mountains down in some grubby towns when a white full fairing sport bike similar to a Honda VFR came round the corner opposite me as I was heading into it. The bike had red and light LED flashers/strobes flashing at the time, and the rider wasn't hanging around for anyone. Can't remember if the bike was using a siren at the time, it's just another one of those ah-huh China moments. While I ride quick from time to time, this rider was going for it. I highly doubt it was any kind of official police motorcycle, though it sure looked the goods for the brief moment we past one another. This is China and as most of us know, everything and anything is possible, there's no such word as no, in the Mandarin vocabulary.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 11-08-2011 at 01:52 AM.

9. #29 Re: CFMOTO 650 NICE PICS 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Thanks, Dennis. Seeing this bike in multiple incarnations, and knowing that Chunfeng is launching it into Latin America, makes me hopeful also that it's putting some pressure on Jialing and the JH600. Yes, Jialing is a huge state enterprise that wouldn't know a customer if it tripped over one, but market forces are market forces, and it would be lovely to see some head-to-head competition between these two in that mid-displacement street/dual sport class!
    cheers
    No worries. I almost fell off my chair with laughter but fortunately I still had my well padded armor riding jacket on, so no mind... no injuries would result. Why so, well I smirked and chuffed to myself when I read your comment high-lighted above. Never a truer word is written, though one could literally apply that sentence with some vigor to almost all businesses in PRC. TIC!
    Like you, I too am hopeful that things will progressively change (hoping sooner rather than later mind) as more manufacturers up the ante and more foreign brands import a ever increasing range of models... akin to putting the proverbial rocket up the local nonchalant manufacturers arse.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 11-08-2011 at 01:54 AM.

10. #30 Re: CFMOTO 650 NICE PICS 
    C-Moto Regular
    tested 650NK in the dealer shop in pudong, shanghai. it's a small street bike. not very comfortable for a big guy. however acceleration is quite good. they claim Ducatti does a lots job for the engine. for this money 35K kuai, you get a 70 horse moto toy, quite value for money. btw: too sad, shanghai license plate is 55K at current market.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast