Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Summer motorcycle clothing 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    I'd posted a reply in another thread concerning motorcycle clothing useful for the almost unbearable summer heat and humidity. Here are just a few of the options available... that will make riding in this heat somewhat more comfortable :)

Veskimo Personal Cooling System combines a lightweight, breathable personal cooling vest that is worn under ones normal clothing, connected to a Hydration Backpack that is worn over ones clothing. The body cooling vest is supplied with ice water circulated from the backpack via a high efficiency battery powered pump.

SteeleVest®
    is a patented cooling vest used by people facing extreme heat stress conditions in the military, utilities, hazardous waste cleanup, chemical, medical and other industrial environments. Frozen Thermo-strips; (starch-based gel ice packs which you can freeze over and over again in a household freezer) are simply inserted into the insulated body cooling vest, providing up to four hours of cooling vest comfort at a time. SteeleVest's construction and features provide numerous benefits. There are no mechanical parts or maintenance worries, and no electric, air or water supply is required. The cooling vest weighs only five pounds fully loaded. It conforms to one's body for a slim and comfortable fit, and can be customized to deliver just the body cooling one desires in a variety of conditions.

Ms Cooling
    offers a wide range of products for Motorcyclists:
    Evaporative cooling and phase changing cooling are available in cooling vests, cooling head bandana's for under the helmet. Cooling safety vest in orange for better visiablity. MS Cooling also have added a range of warming apparel for motorcycle riders. Heated gloves and helmet liners. A Warming vest lined with fleece with reusable inserts.

StaCool
    has a range of under vests designed for motorcyclists and a review can be found in Wing World magazine (Honda Gold Wing enthusiasts magazine). An excerpt from the Wing World article can be read here

Arctic Heat offers a range of products su7ck as cooling vests and claims to be used by many elite sporting bodies, industry workers, doctors and people with Multiple Sclerosis, all around the World. Arctic Heat claim is being sold throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.

More information and links to these products and other manufacturers can be found online at webBikeWorld

2. #2 Re: Summer motorcycle clothing 
    this Veskimo is funny

3. #3 Re: Summer motorcycle clothing 
    C-Moto Guru
    Wondering just how long the Veskimo would stay working in 34 degree heat. I'm thinking that after a few hours it would be pumping hot water rather than cold. Still, I am envious as I contemplate my morning ride tomorrow...

4. #4 Re: Summer motorcycle clothing 
    I would totally wear a Still Suit from Arrakis
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

5. #5 Re: Summer motorcycle clothing 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardo View Post
    I would totally wear a Still Suit from Arrakis
    The body suit used in the movie Dune....they called it the death suit, the people that had to wear it while filming in the Mexican desert.

6. #6 Re: Summer motorcycle clothing 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    The body suit used in the movie Dune....they called it the death suit, the people that had to wear it while filming in the Mexican desert.
    well I'd want real one not a movie prop LoL
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders