Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR1300 & VZR1800 For Sale 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Translation of original ad (edited/amended, by removing information concerning the history, manufacturing & marketing info of the Hayabusa as found in the original ad)...

Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R & M10R VZR1800 now available in mainland China!

Purchase a new Suzuki GSX1300R (Hayabusa model will be known as "Falcon" in mainland China) during the promotional period (2011-6-26 to 2011-7-25) and receive a Denway "Falcon" special PU racing jacket valued at CNY698.

Breaking news:
    Suzuki motorcycles announces that it will formally enter the Chinese market by offering the Hayabusa GSXR1300 & M10R VZR1800 models as China's first two large displacement models GSX1300R (CNY239800) and VZR1800 (CNY249800). The two Suzuki models can be ordered via all participating genuine Suzuki motorcycle dealership stores.

During the promotional period June 26, 2011 - July 25, 2011, purchasers can take advantage of special gifts/offers:

Promotional Gifts:

• Purchasers will receive a Denway "Falcon" special PU racing jacket valued at CNY698.
    • Purchase the optional tail cone (covers rear seat) for an additional $100 (?CNY100) heavily discounted from the MSRP.
    • Purchasers may present invoice and sales documents to any authorized Suzuki motorcycle dealership & receive a complimentary 2011 Suzuki Calender (valued at CNY198).

Act now! Contact your local Suzuki motorcycle dealer to purchase either GSX1300 or VZR1800 to take advantage of the gifts during the promotional period!

Original ad appears below:
    Suzuki advert.jpgSuzuki advert.jpg

贺隼
    GSX1300R登陆中国!
    ——购铃木骏威GSX获赠698专用PU赛车夹克千呼万唤始出来,铃木GSX1300R隼,终于要登录中国了。重磅消息:铃木大排即将正式进军中国大陆市场。铃木大排的销售将由济南铃木公司负责,首期登陆中国的两款车型为“隼” GSX1300R和“酷道至尊”VZR1800,售价分别为人民币23.98万元、24.98万元!每个骑手都知道“隼”——铃木大排的当家产品。在顶级运动型摩托车类别里,“隼”一直雄踞宝座 。“隼”的由来:这款公路赛车的空气动力学设计灵感来源于一种日本游隼,并因此而得名。游隼正是因为能够以难 以置信的轻巧身形在狂风中破空飞翔而闻名于世。铃木公司推出这款车的目的,就是为了争夺世界上极速最快的摩托车。自从1999年问世以来,“隼”一举击败 了川崎的“忍者”ZZR1100和本田的“超级黑鸟”CBR 1100,成为炙手可热的“公路速度之王”。可以说,“隼”一经推出,便称霸群雄隼GSX1300R,0-100KM的提速时间,仅需2.421秒,目前驾驶过这辆车的赛车手的最高速度记录为310.32km每小 时,尽管这样这辆车的潜能还没有被完全发挥出来,该车的最高时速可以达到350KM每小时。一款如此振奋人心的机车,以至于喜爱它的追随者遍及全世界。一款如此令人惊奇的机车,以至于能在差不多10年的时间跨度内销量始终领先于潜在的竞争对手。作为顶级跑车,能够将其收入囊中的毕竟是少数,GSX是铃木最高端摩托车系的简称,作为和“隼”GSX13 00R同出一门的师兄弟,但济南铃木的骏威GSX系列同样能让广大用户享受到摩托GP带来的无限诱惑 。2011年6月26日---2011年7月25日 ,在所有铃木销售店,只要购买济南铃木国三骏威GSX全系车型,即可享受三重惊喜!(第一重喜)现在来买,立刻送!:购铃木GSX任一款车型,即赠送价值689元“隼“专用PU夹克一件。 (第二重喜)100元,拥有“隼”!:购铃木GSX任意一款车型,只要再添一百元,即可得到价值198元的 “隼”式尾翼,更有炫酷喇叭罩供您选择。让消费者花最少的钱同样体验到大排量带来的震撼。 (第三重喜)新老用户,一定送!:无论您是GSX新用户还是您曾经买过铃木GSX,都可凭原购车发票到铃木经销点换取2011年大排量车台历 一份或其他礼品(由商家自定),先到先得,送完为止。 赶快行动吧!去铃木销售店购骏威享好礼!
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 07-25-2011 at 09:02 AM.

2. #2 Re: Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR1300 & VZR1800 For Sale 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Holy sheet!

I'm all for having more choice of bikes here in China, including and especially the best from Japan, but in my humble opinion what China does NOT need is a bike that goes 1-60mph in 2.421 seconds.

0-100KM的提速时间,仅需2.421秒
    How about some nice mid-sized bikes -- the lovely V-Strom 650, or the V-Strom 1000, or the DR650SE, or the DR-Z400S.

We don't need crotchrocket kilobikes!

OK, maybe if Suzuki comes in the others will follow, and show a bit more sense.

Maybe.

Sorry to be such a prude.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #3 Re: Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR1300 & VZR1800 For Sale 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Holy sheet!
    I'm all for having more choice of bikes here in China, including and especially the best from Japan, but in my humble opinion what China does NOT need is a bike that goes 1-60mph in 2.421 seconds.
    How about some nice mid-sized bikes -- the lovely V-Strom 650, or the V-Strom 1000, or the DR650SE, or the DR-Z400S.
    We don't need crotchrocket kilobikes!
    OK, maybe if Suzuki comes in the others will follow, and show a bit more sense.
    Maybe.
    Sorry to be such a prude.
    I agree to the comment about not needing faster motorcycles, as it stands they (everyone) needs to focus on educating ALL road users (and that includes potential road users like pedestrians) first and foremost... and while they are at it, remove these bloody bright as the sun HID xenon headlights which are left on high when used at night, or remove the high beam ability from all 4 wheeled vehicles... but I digress.

In some ways I feel similar Euph, about the Hayabusa being so wickedly fast, even with regards to the 650NK there's huge potential as it is a pretty quick lite moto which can reach an easy 200km/h+ with gusto - I have already voiced my concerns that there will be a fair few tragedies concerning this bike as the masses start to buy it up. Since most of the purchasers of the 650NK will be progressing from the likes of the 125/150cc brigade, as opposed to bigger bikes, these new buyers won't have the experience and abilities not forgoing the issues with road and road users. Even those other riders who have ridden/owned larger capacity motos will likely not want to spend near on CNY40K for a unproven Chinese brand bike. There will be accidents with these bikes, and the 650NK as there are already with the 39cc plus brigade. These bigger capacity bikes boosting such accident statistics might result in more draconian rules on motorcycles in PRC

The thing is though, that this is a double edged sword, and as you have alluded to Euph, Suzuki doing what they're doing might just help smooth the way for an increasing range of makes and models to get here legally. All of which I hope will lead to a changing of the tide or moto landscape in the not-too-distant future, and a positive one at that. Fingers and toes crossed!

Both these particular Suzuki models in the add, aren't my flavour (I'd prefer to see; DR650, Weestrom, Veestrom, AN400, AN650 Burgman -more suited to Chinese conditions), still let's hope they (Suzuki et al.) pave the way for an increased offering of models. Other manufacturers will be watching with more than a passing interest I'm sure.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 07-26-2011 at 02:05 AM.

4. #4 Re: Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR1300 & VZR1800 For Sale 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Ditto re shocked surprise ... but I guess that is the market, if one looks at the number of superbikes running around Beijing. One can buy a legal JH600 for less than the price of an illegal super bike, but those illegal super bikes tremendously outnumber the legal JH600s! I've also still not seen any 650NK on the road. Come to think of it, I've never seen another JH600 on the road, unless I am meeting someone that has one.

Be interesting to know how much a legal Hayabusa will be, all in and on the road, in the Middle Kingdom.

I saw that Polaris is about to open its shop next door to Ducatti in Beijing, selling 4-wheeled ATVs ... to start. Polaris also makes Victory motorcycles, and has said they want to start selling them in China in 2012. And Polaris has also just bought Indian motorcycles ... so that might also be in the future.

Maybe the times are a changin'?

5. #5 Re: Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR1300 & VZR1800 For Sale 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear LJH,

bikerdoc's post noted that the China price for the Hayabusa is 239,800 RMB or north of US$37,000. But if that is the price at the dealer there will still be tax and of course registration and tags. My fading memory tells me the tax rate on my bike was 10% or perhaps 17%, so you gotta figure it's at least 265,000 or $41,000+ before plates. Guess that's still less than a lot of Harley, BMW and Ducati models....

On the safety thing, Motokai and I were out at Dr Cui's last weekend, as MK has reported elsewhere, and I guy in what I'd guess was his early 20s rolled in on a Honda CBR1000 that purred as if it had been professionally tuned. He was bookish looking, skinny, in shorts, t-shirt, sneakers and glasses, and spoke pretty good English. He took notice as MK and I were leaving, and within a minute he was bearing down on us from behind. In relatively heavy traffic that was slowing for a light, he revved it big and wheelied the 100m that separated me from MK, who was in front. The only safety equipment he had was a Shoei helmet. Not even gloves, much less boots or even long pants or long sleeves. We turned left into a highway, and he turned right, revving again and pulling that CBR up into another wheelie, just for good measure.

I couldn't help but think of the horrific accident that someone posted here a few weeks ago, wherein a kid just like this with an unprotected pillion went down at very high speed in Xuhui district, with disastrous consequences.

I just can't imagine what Suzuki is thinking bringing in what upon its launch was called "the fastest production bike in the world." WTF are they thinking?

cheers
    Last edited by euphonius; 07-25-2011 at 12:16 PM.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

6. #6 Re: Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR1300 & VZR1800 For Sale 
    You have to be very Chinese to buy that bike to justify the price. But I would settled at Kawasaki Ninja 250r.

7. #7 Re: Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR1300 & VZR1800 For Sale 
    Both of the GSX1300R and VZR1800 are here in China already, and I have seen several of each model over the past 3 years. Albeit, they are smuggled in and wear the usual plates of questionable origin. Still means that there are buyers, just now though there is a fully legal option, and I for one applaud that choice... now lets just hope this continues and we all have a wider range of choices with prices to match.

8. #8 Re: Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR1300 & VZR1800 For Sale 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by td_ref View Post
    You have to be very Chinese to buy that bike to justify the price. But I would settled at Kawasaki Ninja 250r.
    Kawa's 250 Ninja looks like it would be a lot of fun, if a person is into that type of bike. But, personally, riding a sport bike scares the bejeebers outta me! Things happen way too fast for the few remaining neurons I have firing (explains why I didn't see the prices listed in the original post ... duh).

Couldn't agree more bikerdoc ... hopefully, this is the start of a lot more LEGAL options. Yeah, it is expensive, but China isn't the only country to have expensive vehicles.

9. #9 Re: Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR1300 & VZR1800 For Sale 
    I have to chime in of course. ;-))

Could not agree more with you guys... When I saw the name of this thread, I was thinking "oh god, no please, they really don't need that...".

What it could even do is to cause a bigger problem for all bike owners in China : imagine in a couple of years the news of a particularly horrific accident involving a 'Busa and a mother with her daughter crossing the road. Bam, government officials have to react to calm the good people and ban all 500cc+ bikes or even 250cc+ bikes in China.

Of course the "market" is here, motorcycle brands see what kind of market China is for cars (= to all European countries together), so they want to push all their range here. But beginning with 250, 500 and 600cc bikes would be soooooooo much better, and frankly, do we need more than this ? Imagine being able to buy legally the Honda VTR250, CB500, Suzuki GS500, Gladius (which would be a major hit here with the colors available), and especially the very fun, city-friendly Suzuki TU250 ?

We want those, not the 'Busa or GSX-R 1000...

10. #10 Re: Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR1300 & VZR1800 For Sale 
    I was just at the pubei lu dealer yesterday in Shanghai. Seems they are remodeling the place to have a launch in October.

They will have some 650cc street bike and also the c50 and m109 cruisers. But the Hayabusa is what they are pushing hard. I think they have a waiting list already in Shanghai. Fred, I agree with you completely. Personally, I'm concerned after a few rich kids bust their heads wide open on the pavement. Not so much for them but how Shanghai would react. Perhaps start banning motorcycles altogether?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast