As mentioned in the post of Dewsnap some time ago, I bought a new Regal Raptor DD250-2N in Shanghai. The registration took 2 weeks and I had to go to Germany for a hometrip (and to see my old BMW J).

k-IMG_5238.jpg

k-IMG_5274.jpg

k-IMG_5313.jpg

Now I am back to SH and have picked up the RR on last Saturday. The overall impression was good:

- the engine runs smoothly from idle to midrange revs, good torque characteristic, low vibrations. Stable idle, the engine does not die when shifting down, no gaps in revs and almost no backfiring
- the gearbox works just a bit too “tight”, especially when shifting from 1. to 2., but it’s new. No problems to find neutral.
- The clutch works smoothly, too
- The engine starts immediately after hitting the starter, both cold and warm
- The shocks work quite well. The rear shocks even better than in my old BMW
- I did not have the feeling that the engine overheats and did not smell (what I remember was claimed by Dewsnap). Also the cooling system has been tight so far.

The engine did not overheat although - and now come the bad news – there was not enough oil (below min. level) and coolant (only traces at the bottom of the reservoir)!!!

Moreover the brake fluid level of the front brake is too low, too. Nothing to see through the sight glass. I have the feeling the front brake has air in. I told them when being still in the shop that the travel of the brake lever is too far but they said, this was normal. I cannot fix it at the moment as one of the screws of the brake fluid reservoir is already damaged – the cross recess in the head. So, I want to drill it out. The bolts are very soft, nothing like bolts 8.8 or 10.9.

Also still being in the shop I claimed too large clearance of the accelerator grip (approx. 60°). They tried to fix it but in vain. At home I found out that the grip has too large axial movement and the fixing bolt in the bottom of the casing is missing. See pic. This should be a special bolt with reduced tip or perhaps some more parts. Dewsnap, could take a look at your RR from below to check if this bolt is there. Or do you have also just an open thread hole?

k-IMG_5676.jpg

k-IMG_5678.jpg

In general I must say that the guys at the shop have not done a good job at the assembly. Especially the low level of engine oil, coolant and brake fluid are not acceptable!

I want to fix it all by myself now because of some “lack of trust”. But I need the missing parts of the accelerator grip.

I will keep you posted!