Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Congratulations Corporal Clegg! 
    Having passed his motorcycle test here in Shanghai recently i wanted to give a big up to Corporal Clegg after he took proud ownership of his brand new Qingqi 200 yesterday. I thought it'd be worth a new thread to congratuate him.

I'm sure most guys (and gals) reading can remember the day their first bike arrived, it's a big occassion, almost a right of passage, something not to be forgotten.

I made a point of being there when his bike arrived and helped him unload it from the truck. He jumped straight on it and we were out cruising around the Minhang District of Shanghai. I remember being proper nervous the first time i rode my bike but Mr Clegg was fearless. I'd guess he's going for the hard break in the way we were racing around the big empty highways in MH, and i was shocked to learn that it's nearlly as quick as my Regal Raptor 250. I'm sure the Qinqi 250 would be quicker than my RR. To make matters worse, his bike was also drawing most of the attention whenever we stopped which i wasn't best pleased about.

We had such a blast, we also ended up doing a night run over to Pudong and stayed out racing around till well past midnight.

Anyway CC, congrats again. Here are a few pics i took on my phone...

a happy looking Andy
    IMAG0012.jpg

fitting the mirrors
    IMAG0013.jpg

our bikes roadside
    IMAG0016.jpg

CC chatting to the crowd
    IMAG0018.jpg

2. #2 Re: Congratulations Corporal Clegg! 
    Congrats CC on both the License and the Machine!
    Enjoy the new steed, and ride safe!

3. #3 Re: Congratulations Corporal Clegg! 
    Corporal Clegg,

Congrats on the Super Moto. I have the Qlink XF200 version and it is a dream on the Dragon (US129).
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

4. #4 Re: Congratulations Corporal Clegg! 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Congrats from me too .. When's the big trip?

5. #5 Re: Congratulations Corporal Clegg! 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Ditto - congrats on the license - always great to hear of another new legal rider!

But I was a little surprised that you acquired a QingQi 200 ... I thought they were no longer available? OK, I won't ask.

6. #6 Re: Congratulations Corporal Clegg! 
    yea i think it was sitting around in his shop for the last year. I had to wait to get new certifications for it to comply with the new emmissions standards (and actually the certificate i got is for a 150 so maybe the 200 doesnt comply anymore).

just waiting for plates now and well be off on the trip. think theyll be arriving a bit later than expected so the trip may have to be modified a bit. right now not sure where well be goin but will probly be heading out around the tenth.

speaking of riding safely i had a very humbling experience on it that night. We took it for a run out towards pudong airport that night. |Dewie went home for fear of getting lost, i continued on to meet ms. clegg who was flying in. I didnt know the way and the signs for pudong put me on the expressway. Scared the absolute bejaysus out of me. i was in shock until the next day. Had to leave the bike there for the night. It was way windy and the bike was doing a lot of swaying. the next day when i went to pick it up i could see why, the road was elevated... Anyway the ride back was great, got straight off the expressway and followed the ring road home (underneath of course). Its a class little bike and all through fourth it's beastly. Its strange it doesnt get much in fifth tho until you get into the high rpm's.

Dewie neglected to mention on young man who took one look at our bikes declared my bike shit with dewies being the shit. I swallowed my pride. I still think it can take the regal, just need get to understand the gears better.

Last edited by corporal_clegg; 07-29-2011 at 04:05 PM.

7. #7 Re: Congratulations Corporal Clegg! 
    tools got robbed out of the back of the bike some time this week. I knew I should take them with me but they were so shit I couldn't see why anyone would rob them. Pretty sad and shame on them. I would lose the karma points for tools like that. Anyway it's a good time to start building my own tool collection.

8. #8 Re: Congratulations Corporal Clegg! 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    At least they didn't take the seat too. Or the bike.

You know where to go for tools? Huge tool district between Beijing Lu and Niuzhuang Lu/Ningbo Lu at Fuzhou Lu. You can buy complete sets or piecemeal. Then there's Taobao...
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #9 Re: Congratulations Corporal Clegg! 
    actually im gonna head up to that tool market tomorrow but your directions are a little confusing. I cant connect the dots right. Would you mind clarifying?

10. #10 Re: Congratulations Corporal Clegg! 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Very easy. If you go east on 牛庄路 from 西藏路 it becomes 宁波炉. You'll already sense a ton of tool stores. On the left you'll see a big multistory tool emporium, cross street is 浙江路 or 福建路, not sure which. Small places are also good.

Good luck!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast