Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Uh-oh.....

1. #1 Uh-oh..... 
    C-Moto Noob
    Just talked a friend into buying a used Konker SM200.......and now that I am looking for parts to fix a few broken items - no Konker Motors!

Does anyone have a RH and LH gas tank fairing for a black edition of the SM200 they no longer need (or have blown up)?

Help, Mr. Sharpie will kill me if he finds out he owns a bike that cannot be repaired!!!!!

2. #2 Re: Uh-oh..... 
    If no Konker , u can try Qlink (US) or ship directly from China via agent
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=2850859542 | http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=7043453923
    Last edited by humanbeing; 07-29-2011 at 11:18 PM.

3. #3 Re: Uh-oh..... 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Rusung,

Welcome to the forum, which should be an excellent resource for you and your trusting mate. So what do you ride? Also a Konker?

There was a lot of talk about Konker in recent months. Is it confirmed that they have closed up shop? I remember there was a facebook page set up by angry Konker owners, so that might be a good resource for information.

That Konker SM200 is a rebadged Qingqi, and, as humanbeing noted, is still sold by many other importers in several countries. Surely Qlink is your best bet.

Taobao is a fantastic source for parts, but it's entirely in Chinese. If you don't speak or read Chinese, fear not, there are agents who will organize the purchase from Taobao then organize air freight to you, for a reasonable service fee. Search in this forum for taobaofocus.com to learn more.

You might also try Craigslist, but I kinda doubt there are enough Konkers in the wild for there to be a lively aftermarket.

good luck!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #4 Re: Uh-oh..... 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks jkp:

James and I are given a reprieve form our wives once a year to go and see something cool somewhere on the planet. We went to the heart of China in 2009 and rented a pair of dirt bikes to check out the earthquake damage near Chengdu and had a great ride, and are now hooked. This year we want to check out the HCM Trail in Vietnam.

This forum has been a great resource so far.

rusung

5. #5 Re: Uh-oh..... 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Wow! That's a fantastic story on how you and James got into motorcycling -- as unique a story as I've ever heard. Thanks for sharing.

If you'd like to see what those quake-hit areas of Sichuan look like now, be sure to read Pat's brilliant ride report Beijing to Kunming: A Commute to Work. He came upon the earthquake zone almost by accident, and some of the stuff he saw -- and shared with us in photographs -- was downright eerie.

Next big challenge will be to get your wives onto bikes themselves!

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)