Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: Camp in Shijinglong Skiing Resort 
    Thanks "polite Beijinger",it's a little high for me to get on the European version of the JH600 too ,I mean it's really a matter at the beggining,but now, not big deal...

I like the black tourfella boxes,I bought them from a local guy who produced by himself,a little expensive,but the lock is very sick,you can open all the boxes using a same key(not joking,it's true),and the lock is weak,easlity open the box by a little violence...
    VFR1200F

2. #22 Re: Camp in Shijinglong Skiing Resort 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Lion,

Thanks for the report. With those black 杜锐 boxes, our bikes are now almost twins -- except your 威虎版 has alloy rims and bars, and polka dots on the gas tank...

Glad to see you've found a way to involve the whole family in your new hobby!

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #23 Re: Camp in Shijinglong Skiing Resort 
    C-Moto Guru
    Good to see your putting some mileage on the bike, I hope you are getting more comfortable with the bike now.

2 keys for each of the 4 locks, and all the same so you have 7 spare keys!
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

4. #24 Re: Camp in Shijinglong Skiing Resort 
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Good to see your putting some mileage on the bike, I hope you are getting more comfortable with the bike now.

2 keys for each of the 4 locks, and all the same so you have 7 spare keys!
    I got my bike on 9 July,2460 km now,100 km per day.

Just one key for each lock,but you can use one key to open all boxes which were produced by the guy, including your own and others'.

To be honest,the tourfella boxes are perfect except the locks.
    VFR1200F

5. #25 Re: Camp in Shijinglong Skiing Resort 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Dear Lion,

Thanks for the report. With those black 杜锐 boxes, our bikes are now almost twins -- except your 威虎版 has alloy rims and bars, and polka dots on the gas tank...

Glad to see you've found a way to involve the whole family in your new hobby!

cheers

Hi euphonius,actually,I don't know the tourfella boxes has another name,“杜锐”,do you have "护手“ on your bike ?the old style can't be set on my bike,I'm looking for it,some suggestion?
    VFR1200F

6. #26 Re: Camp in Shijinglong Skiing Resort 
    Hi Lion,

great pictures, thanks for posting!

I noticed the rack for the Tourfella boxes and they seem very similar to the construction Pfaelzer is using. I was planning to have somethink like this for my little bike but would use bags instead of boxes. Anyway, the construction seems like some good quality. Could you let me know who did it for you in Beijing? That would be really helpful!

Cheers, Thomas
    ------------------------------
    JH-150GY-3

7. #27 Re: Camp in Shijinglong Skiing Resort 
    Quote Originally Posted by fahni View Post
    Hi Lion,

great pictures, thanks for posting!

I noticed the rack for the Tourfella boxes and they seem very similar to the construction Pfaelzer is using. I was planning to have somethink like this for my little bike but would use bags instead of boxes. Anyway, the construction seems like some good quality. Could you let me know who did it for you in Beijing? That would be really helpful!

Cheers, Thomas

I know two guys do this business,all produced by themselves,“滴答” and "江阴箱王“,I bought the boxes and rack from "滴答”,his qq number is 101442258,phone number is 13967461983,the rack is very solides,perfect quality ,the boxes too except the locks(my opinion),it's very useful to protect you and your bike when fall down.

The box has two styles,41L and 29L,mine is 41L,the black boxes are the last one which I bought,silvery are supplied now.

1、You can contact him(dida) straight ;
    2、You can call zhanghaitao"张海涛,(13911812678,jingang car garden ,beijing) to buy it for you;
    3、I can do it if you wanna buy the rack (one of my friend told me he bought the rack separately)。

But make sure firstly,whether the rack can be used on your bike...maybe you can telll dida about your bike,then let him do it specially for you...

Sorry,I don't know who does this kind of business in Beijing.

http://user.qzone.qq.com/101442258?p...PersonalInfo.0

http://www.moto8.cn/thread-63488-1-1.html

hope it's useful.

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers!
    lion.
    VFR1200F

8. #28 Re: Camp in Shijinglong Skiing Resort 
    The guy that Lion mentioned, 滴答, is actually called 滴答滴答 (didadida in pinyin), who is formally known to his parents as 杜锐. He's the guy who makes the Tourfella boxes and the racks from which they hang. His racks are bulletproof, extremely hard and strong and well designed. If you get the Tourfella boxes, you'd be a fool to use a different rack. I do suppose it's possible to use the Tourfella boxes on the stock Jialing rack, but they'd have to be modified so that the mounting pucks line up properly.

The racks on Pfaelzer's JH600, like mine, were made by 杜锐 in his workshop in 永康.

I agree with Lion that the locks could be better, but even with better locks I'd not leave anything valuable in the boxes overnight during a tour. In fact, I'd not park my bike in a vulnerable place where someone might be tempted to open my boxes during a tour. Hotel lobbies are an excellent place to park overnight.

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai

9. #29 Re: Camp in Shijinglong Skiing Resort 
    Quote Originally Posted by lion View Post
    ...do you have "护手“ on your bike ?the old style can't be set on my bike,I'm looking for it,some suggestion?
    Yes, hand guards aka barkbusters are essential on a dual sport that runs the risk of getting dropped. this is not so much to protect your hands, as to protect the brake and clutch levers in a drop. without guards, your levers are almost guaranteed to break. you can limp along for a while without a front brake (ask meowzedong) but it's a lot trickier to ride a bike without clutch control (though it hypothetically can be done).

motokai, milton and I all have the same hand guards, which you can see here. they both have the 威虎版 bike like yours.

the problem for your bike is not that the guards won't fit, but that the inner mounting bracket is made to fit a standard steel bar, not your oversized alloy bar. So you need to modify or replace the mounting bracket. When you order the hand guards, ask the supplier to send brackets to fit a thick bar; I think your bar is 1 1/8 inch (28.6mm) instead of 7/8 inch (22.2mm).

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai

10. #30 Re: Camp in Shijinglong Skiing Resort 
    Quote Originally Posted by lion View Post
    I know two guys do this business,all produced by themselves,“滴答” and "江阴箱王“,I bought the boxes and rack from "滴答”,his qq number is 101442258,phone number is 13967461983,the rack is very solides,perfect quality ,the boxes too except the locks(my opinion),it's very useful to protect you and your bike when fall down.

The box has two styles,41L and 29L,mine is 41L,the black boxes are the last one which I bought,silvery are supplied now.

1、You can contact him(dida) straight ;
    2、You can call zhanghaitao"张海涛,(13911812678,jingang car garden ,beijing) to buy it for you;
    3、I can do it if you wanna buy the rack (one of my friend told me he bought the rack separately)。

But make sure firstly,whether the rack can be used on your bike...maybe you can telll dida about your bike,then let him do it specially for you...

Sorry,I don't know who does this kind of business in Beijing.

http://user.qzone.qq.com/101442258?p...PersonalInfo.0

http://www.moto8.cn/thread-63488-1-1.html

hope it's useful.

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers!
    lion.
    Thanks for the info on the rack!

I am not going to use Tourfella boxes but bags similar to the notorious Ortlieb ones. But mine will be custom made and have a different locking mechanism. They will definetly not fit onto the standard rack of my JH 150.

Will call the guys up and check if they can help me with a custom-made rack.
    ------------------------------
    JH-150GY-3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123