Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #31 Re: Shineray XY400GY 400cc Adventure Bike 3d model pics 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    because I don't understand how a single 400 with a carb can pass emissions
    My thoughts as well, but as Shanghaifingers pointed out in his most excellent review , the bike he rode was a shop "beater" and perhaps this is not the final form of the bike they intend to sell in China.

If it really is carbed and legal for sale in China for 24,000 RMB, it's not a bad deal. You're getting the extra few ponies that all the ≤250cc bikes lack without getting into the prices of the 600cc stuff that is grossly overpriced.

I'm interested, but I wish our Chinese members would share what is being said by people on the big Chinese motorbike forums. I can't read Chinese and the google translations make my brain hurt.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

2. #32 Re: Shineray XY400GY 400cc Adventure Bike 3d model pics 
    If they are offering it with a carburetor it would be for off-road use. If the dealers in Beijing are able to get it licensed without EFI that is a whole other topic?

Xinyuan is not loosing much ground in the shrinking motorcycle industry, they are just flat with a small marginal increase in sales for 2012. They have allot of professional opening listed on their job board and the descriptions all seem to demonstrate they are implementing manufacturing process engineering and quality control.

This is off their Chinese website, translated, its been posted on MCM before.

"Emission requirements to meet the country's third stage, Xinyuan Company is currently with the German company Siemens China, new Ni Jiete joint development of EFI systems, is expected to be completed by the end of the car's EFI system work, after the company in the development of displacement engine EFI system has accumulated considerable technical experience. "

3. #33 Re: Shineray XY400GY 400cc Adventure Bike 3d model pics 
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV
    If it really is carbed and legal for sale in China for 24,000 RMB, it's not a bad deal. You're getting the extra few ponies that all the ≤250cc bikes lack without getting into the prices of the 600cc stuff that is grossly overpriced.
    I'm wondering how I could motard one, eg run 17inch wheels run slicker rubber and take the travel down 50cm yet still be legal(ish).

4. #34 Re: Shineray XY400GY 400cc Adventure Bike 3d model pics 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    you guys wonder which one is it, EFI or carb...here is google translated description from one of the taobao offers

(......)
    Oil closed-loop EFI system (composed of: fuel supply system, control system parameters, control system, fuel injection system, etc.)
    (.........)
    Fuel to supply 34mm VE5DA carburetor VE88 carburetor
    (.......)
    Emission targets of the Euro III standard
    (.....)

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    I'm interested, but I wish our Chinese members would share what is being said by people on the big Chinese motorbike forums. I can't read Chinese and the google translations make my brain hurt.

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    same here

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234