I joined this forum about a month ago shortly after purchasing my first china moto, a 2007 Shineray 200. My intention is a complete teardown and rebuild (excepting most of the engine since it is running OK).
right.chassis.jpg left.engine.case.1.jpg
I needed a few engine parts and there are some, but not a lot, of Shineray's here on the island. There are however a lot of other china motos and I was hoping that some of those would have parts that would interchange with the Shineray. For me, the key to finding compatible engines with other branding was to focus on the engine identification number, in
this case 169FML. This number appears to define a specific engine design. What I find so far is that many parts are the same on a 169FML engine no matter how the engine is branded. Using that approach I was able to find all the parts to repair a catastrophic starter motor failure. (This event destroyed the started motor, dual gear/axel assembly inside the magneto
case and cracked the magneto case itself.) In looking for brands that use the 169FML engine I found Shineray, Lifan, Mortch Motors, Kyoto, and Kazuki.
Does anyone know of any other brands that use the 169FML engine?
There is at least one ATV that uses this engine, also.
engine.out.jpg lo.mismo.jpg
So, I got the parts I needed from a shop that had a lot of Kazuki parts. They are an exact match for the Shineray 169FML.
Now I've got just about all I need to put this bike back together. It is going to be a very non-standard build. I have a lot of pics of the prosess so far on my Canon photo album here: http://www.cig.usa.canon.com/p?p=FBm7vhC3Wv7&t=pmc
I'll post more as I progress. Hope this info may help someone else.
finished.1.jpg