Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Engine parts interchange 
    C-Moto Noob
    I joined this forum about a month ago shortly after purchasing my first china moto, a 2007 Shineray 200. My intention is a complete teardown and rebuild (excepting most of the engine since it is running OK).
    right.chassis.jpg left.engine.case.1.jpg
    I needed a few engine parts and there are some, but not a lot, of Shineray's here on the island. There are however a lot of other china motos and I was hoping that some of those would have parts that would interchange with the Shineray. For me, the key to finding compatible engines with other branding was to focus on the engine identification number, in
    this case 169FML. This number appears to define a specific engine design. What I find so far is that many parts are the same on a 169FML engine no matter how the engine is branded. Using that approach I was able to find all the parts to repair a catastrophic starter motor failure. (This event destroyed the started motor, dual gear/axel assembly inside the magneto
    case and cracked the magneto case itself.) In looking for brands that use the 169FML engine I found Shineray, Lifan, Mortch Motors, Kyoto, and Kazuki.
    Does anyone know of any other brands that use the 169FML engine?
    There is at least one ATV that uses this engine, also.
    engine.out.jpg lo.mismo.jpg
    So, I got the parts I needed from a shop that had a lot of Kazuki parts. They are an exact match for the Shineray 169FML.
    Now I've got just about all I need to put this bike back together. It is going to be a very non-standard build. I have a lot of pics of the prosess so far on my Canon photo album here: http://www.cig.usa.canon.com/p?p=FBm7vhC3Wv7&t=pmc
    I'll post more as I progress. Hope this info may help someone else.
    finished.1.jpg

2. #2 Re: Engine parts interchange 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Fantastic thread, Leclaw! This is armchair motorcycling at its finest!

Looking forward to your updates.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #3 Re: Engine parts interchange 
    Good initiative dude, thanks for sharing! I hope other people with the same questions will find this page!

4. #4 Re: Engine parts interchange 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    I have the same bike, or similar, since I don't recognize the rear suspension. Thanks for the heads up, I plan on doing this next year, after I come back to China. The bike will be 'resting' until then. By next trip, the bike ODO will tick ~20K. So I guess it'll be really knackered by then. Please do let us know how the bike is doing after the rebuild, I've given up on this engine though, I'll be swapping for a Loncin 250 on mine. Here's the parts list for my bike, don't know if it's any help.

File name: XY200GY-7.zip File size: 1.13 MB

I like the rear brake hose routing though..

Are you going to strip the paint too?
    Last edited by slabo; 08-05-2011 at 02:04 AM. Reason: attach parts list

5. #5 Re: Engine parts interchange 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi and thanks for the positive comments. I will post updates and pics as I progress.
    Slabo, thanks for the parts list. Is that the model Long March? It is a fair amount different from the one I've got but every bit of info helps. Do you happen to know the Engine Number Prefix? I found mine here:
    chassis.number.jpg on the left lower engine casing.
    Will that Loncin 250 be a motor transplant or is that a whole new bike?
    The rear brake hose routing is the "Factory Original" installation. But wait til you see what I discovered today. The bearing assemblies on the steering neck are just loose 'ball bearings' sandwiched between two open cups. I have not seen that since the early 80's. I'll post some pics tomorrow.
    Oh, another thing I noticed about this Shineray is that it is set up with a slide carburetor. It is clearly the original carb.
    carb.2.jpg carb.4.jpg
    Does anyone recognize the makers mark on this one? HL IC. On the intake side it is 35mm I.D. and 40mm O.D.
    Yes, I am going to strip the paint and start from new primer up. I'm not building a show bike but I live on an island with lots of salt and this frame needs some real attention or it will not last much longer.
    Felix, I noticed the reference to WD40 on your profile. I always wanted to encourage someone to get some T-Shirts made that said "WD40. It's not just for your nuts." Well, my wife thought it was funny anyway...
    Last edited by leclaw; 08-05-2011 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Improve page layout

6. #6 Re: Engine parts interchange 
    De facto carb for 200 in industry is PZ30 http://www.dekni.com/production/produ_moto2.php .
    That Carb made by http://www.hlic.com.cn/en/ABOUT/en_us.asp One of the makers in Fuding (That city is a hub. 40+% market share to small engine / bike industry in China BUT BiG player use "genuine" ONLY ) , Fujian.
    Last edited by humanbeing; 08-05-2011 at 05:34 AM.

7. #7 Re: Engine parts interchange 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Yeah, my Long March has the same 163FML engine. That's why I thought the parts list would be useful for you.

While the bike is stripped, it's a good idea to build a proper rack for saddle bags.

8. #8 Re: Engine parts interchange 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
    De facto carb for 200 in industry is PZ30 http://www.dekni.com/production/produ_moto2.php .
    That Carb made by http://www.hlic.com.cn/en/ABOUT/en_us.asp One of the makers in Fuding (That city is a hub. 40+% market share to small engine / bike industry in China BUT BiG player use "genuine" ONLY ) , Fujian.
    Taobao link please HB? in case mine breaks one day.

9. #9 Re: Engine parts interchange 
    search "PZ30" "德利" in taobao. Some had accelration pump http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=6716354639