Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Helppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Ok, here's my story and I'm sticking to it. I just bought on line a 150cc motor scooter from a distributor of Chinese manufactured scooters, Sunny Sports in CA. I received the bike and it is in great shape (brand new) and began unpacking. Well, much to my surprise, there is no parts/ assembly manual. There is a title, owner's manual, all the loose parts to be placed on the bike, but no assembly/parts manual. Well, after spending two days and a 30 pack of beer, I stumbled upon this site. Sunny Sports told me the company, Dong Fang Motors doesn't include an assembly/parts manual with their bikes. Well, shucks, am I supposed to be a mind reader and just put the thing together by my self? So, sorry for the rant, but I'm going nuts here. The bike is model MC_D150A/DF150ST. Any help would be appreciated.

2. #2 Re: Helppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
    pee,
    Welcome to the China bike world.

I've put together five motorcycles, two scooters, and a min jeep that arrived in the crate without much trouble. Maybe if you posted some photos or more info we can help you.

Oh, and lay off the beer until the job is done.

3. #3 Re: Helppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    hahahahaha. Good one. Well, if the boys at Dong Fang had supplied me with some instructions, I wouldn't have had to drink the beer, but, then again, maybe I would have. Thanks for the suggestion re the pics. I'm almost there, but the front wheel, the brake disc assembly, horn attachment plate. Plus, the battery compartment has three terminals and the battery has two. Jeez, no wonder I drink.

4. #4 Re: Helppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey, Barnone,

I have pictures uploaded into the computer. Let me see if I can post them here. Jeez, I'm as dumb as a box of rocks with this stuff.2011_0803OASIS0009.jpg2011_0803OASIS0011.jpg2011_0803OASIS0010.jpg

5. #5 Re: Helppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
    Damn, that scoot is a real Heath kit. Good photos. You getting there with the build.
    I've got some instructions but they are in Chinese.
    The two reds should go to the positive + and the black to the negative -.

You need a sense of adventure and humor if you are entering the China bike world.

6. #6 Re: Helppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
    Roketa.com had some "assembly instruction" pdf. Apart from the decal, the "critical" parts are very similar.

7. #7 Re: Helppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Barnone,

Thanks for that battery answer. Who knew?? So, look, I took a Rosetta Stone quick course in Mandarin in my dreams last night. So, bring on the Chinese instructions. Thanks again for the battery solution. Now, no to the other 29 pieces. Any luck with the front wheel, disc, ?horn plate? connections. The discs, with rubber grommets on the ends appear to slide on two 1/2-1 inch solid posts. but, the posts have threaded bolts on the fork side, but the disc holes (with the grommets inserted) have no threads. I think I need a beer.

8. #8 Re: Helppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey, humanbeing,

Thanks a lot. Will check it out. I'll get there one way or another.

9. #9 Re: Helppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    This is another puzzler to me. In every picture and photo of the front end of scooters in general, the front disc plate is on the driver's left side (disc calipers mounted/bolted on the driver's left side of the fork). But, my disc calipers) appear to mount on the driver's right of the fork. Which would put the disc plate on the driver's right? Is my fork turned around or am I forcing an attachment/mounting in the wrong holes/posts on the left side of the fork (looking at it off the bike as in my picture?) I think I need another beer.

10. #10 Re: Helppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey, guys, forget my last question about the fork possibly being turned around. I was looking at some pictures on the site, graciously given to me by human being - roketa.com - and there are, indeed, Chinese bikes with the discs mounted on the driver's right side of the fork. Who knew? Only the Chinese could figure this out. Either that or the picture is backward. I think I need a beer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast