I've just weerily returned from an epic 5 day journey from Shanghai to Huangshan and i've been itching to write my first ever mini ride report. I managed to cover 1400 km's on my little 250, which isn't bad going especially since half of which was through the mountains of Zhejiang and Anhui provinces. I was attacked by a swarm of butterflies (laugh all you like but the Zhejiang butterflies are big and nasty), i had my cooling system explode twice, i raced around the mountains with a group of Yamaha R1's, and i saw a Lancer Evolution wrapped around a tree (the driver only hurt his pride), i also stayed out drinking with a group of dancers from Xinjiang to name some of the highlights.

I was a little nervous before setting off as my Chinese is basic, my bike (Regal Raptor DD250G-2N) has questionable reliability, and i'd never put google maps on Android to the test. Regardless, i found some amazing roads and met some great people and must say that me and Betty (my bike) had the times of our lives.

I would have liked to have posted a map of my journey but couldn't figure it out but my journey went like this:

Shanghai-Taipuhe-Moganshan-Anji-Lin An-Chun An-Huangshan-Lin An-Anji-Moganshan-Shanghai.

My first stop was a quick photo opportunity at Taipuhe before joining the G318 out of Shanghai and all the way to Huzhou.

P1070021.jpg

P1070024.jpg

P1070030.jpg

The G318 is relatively unispiring until you join the G104 when things start looking more promising...

P1070032.jpg