Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Solo ride through the Shans. 5 days-1400kms 
    Hey fellas thanks for the replies.

Motokai, that particular trail was in Lin An, just off the S205 as you're approaching from Anji. I was only on it for a short while, but i'd guess it carries on for a while as it was working it's way up into the mountains, i reckon it might be worth looking for on your beastly JH600. I saw plenty of other trails between Anji and Lin An too so it could be a fun weekend out of Shanghai.

Felix, you're absolutely spot on about that highway North of Qiandaohu. I reckon you could carry some real speeds into those corners and it definitely would be more fun on a proper bike that moves. My little 250 was dying after half an hour on that road. When did you discover that highway, hope you weren't on your CJ? Lol.

Lion, i only barely made it through that mess on the S324. I ruined my shoes in all the filth, and i had to wash the crud off the bike a few times.

Hey Euphonius, despite your warning not to, i did actually try to get on the G50 but i was pretty much laughed at by the guards at the toll booth. The S324 is really awful, but if i'd have got on the G50, like you said, my bike would struggle sustaining speeds of 120kmph+ and it would have been dangerous risking it on my own.
    When my cooling system blew, i just let it cool down and i poured some water into the mix. I don't know if it was a good idea or not, but it was leaking everywhere and i had barely any fluid left. It blew on another occassion on the G318 on the way home. It seemed like i had to stop every 75km's or so to let the bike have a breather. My Regal Raptor is definitely not a touring machine. I'll speak to the Raptor mechanics about an upgrade, as the cooling system really lets the bike down.

I'm scheming another trip down to Anji and Lin An at the end of August with Wrangler and a few others. Open invitation if anybody would like to join?
    Last edited by dewsnap; 08-13-2011 at 09:36 AM. Reason: typo

2. #12 Re: Solo ride through the Shans. 5 days-1400kms 
    send me a note when you l go for a ride... i ll start from Changzhou, went down to Shenzhen/HK border once, but huangshan is one of my favorite destination

3. #13 Re: Solo ride through the Shans. 5 days-1400kms 
    Nice one. When i'm down that way again we should hook up. Huangshan is a great place and perfect on a motorbike.

4. #14 Re: Solo ride through the Shans. 5 days-1400kms 
    Just bumping another old thread. This trip really was one of my greatest China experiences, I really can’t wait to hit those roads again soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12