Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Qingqi QM200 USD forks info? 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Does anyone know anything about the beautiful 41mm USD forks used on the Qingqi-Qlink-Pulse-Sinnis-Ramzey-Yuki-Hooper-Kreidler-Sundown QM200GY-B Super Motard?.
    The parts manuals only show the complete fork, without details. There's very little about them on the net.

I'm looking for details such as dismantling procedure, oil type and capacity, etc.

These forks are (or appear to be) beatifully made, with an outstanding turned and ground finish and their action is very good, albeit a bit soft, yet no one knows who the maker is or any other details.

Their size is 41mm which seems very generous. This size is shared by such bikes as:

Yamaha YZF 750 R
    Triumph Daytona 675
    Kawasaki ZXR750
    HONDA CB600F Hornet
    Hyosung GT650
    Kawasaki Z750
    Yamaha 1670cc Road warrior
    Yamaha R1
    Yamaha YZF-R6
    Yamaha YZF 600 R6
    Yamaha YZF 1000 R6
    Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja

This is what they look like:

I only ever found this picture of a dismantled example, but I think they're for a Zongshen Sierra GY200:

Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

2. #2 Qingqi USD forks 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Come on chaps...I'm nearing my dead-by date here...

Here's another look:

Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

It's not that we don't want to put up any info but that the info is not available. I'm sure if someone knew they would pitch in.

One could also dissasemble the forks, document the procedure and measure the amount of oil taken out of the fork upon dissasembly to get a rough measure. Things like specific spring weight info may be hard to come by.

I will try to write the guys at QingQi but asking them specific questions like "How much fork oil do you put in your inverted forks on the 200GY-A(B) model" might slip through the cracks because I don't communicate directly with the engineers. I'll give it a shot though.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    I will try to write the guys at QingQi but asking them specific questions like "How much fork oil do you put in your inverted forks on the 200GY-A(B) model" might slip through the cracks because I don't communicate directly with the engineers. I'll give it a shot though.

CC
    Thanks Carl. That's probably the most important bit, as the oil quantity is usually critical. Measuring what comes out will always leave you a little short as lots of oil clings to internal surfaces, and even if you got it all out, a little paranoia could always creep in about wether the Chinese put the right amount in.
    The dismantling procedure can be worked out.
    I have tried to locate a workshop manual, but even the importers here in Spain say there isn't one available. I can't believe that.
    I did get one for a Suzuki DR200SE but it has different conventional forks.

I can't understand why the maker of such a gorgeous component does not stamp his name on them somewhere, are they not proud of them?, I certainly would be. On top of that their price from the Spanish importer is only 200 Euros...(316.875 USD) which I find very reasonable. For the Zongshen 200GY version the price in the UK is only 111UKP, about 223USD.
    Last edited by forchetto; 07-18-2008 at 05:53 PM.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

5. #5 Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard 
    Any known dealers (or Distributors) for this bike...Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard in Dallas / Ft Worth, TX area?

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    In the US it's marketed as a Qlink XF200 Supermoto and the importer QLINK MOTOR is in Grapevine, Texas. Your nearest dealer is probably:
    Speedy Wheels
    Phone : 469.522.0703
    Address : 11434 N. Stemmons FWY #102, Dallas, TX 75229

Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

Survivor of a Close Call MotoDrunken's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by forchetto View Post
    Does anyone know anything about the beautiful 41mm USD forks used on the Qingqi-Qlink-Pulse-Sinnis-Ramzey-Yuki-Hooper-Kreidler-Sundown QM200GY-B Super Motard?.
    The parts manuals only show the complete fork, without details. There's very little about them on the net.

I'm looking for details such as dismantling procedure, oil type and capacity, etc.

These forks are (or appear to be) beatifully made, with an outstanding turned and ground finish and their action is very good, albeit a bit soft, yet no one knows who the maker is or any other details.

Their size is 41mm which seems very generous. This size is shared by such bikes as:

Yamaha YZF 750 R
    Triumph Daytona 675
    Kawasaki ZXR750
    HONDA CB600F Hornet
    Hyosung GT650
    Kawasaki Z750
    Yamaha 1670cc Road warrior
    Yamaha R1
    Yamaha YZF-R6
    Yamaha YZF 600 R6
    Yamaha YZF 1000 R6
    Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja

This is what they look like:

I only ever found this picture of a dismantled example, but I think they're for a Zongshen Sierra GY200:

Hi Forchetto! Just don`t forget the Genesis, KMF (Honduran) and Euromot (Chilean) brands of this model.
    Jokes aside. I agree with you in regards of the beautiful machining involved in the construction of this forks. I should dare to advice that, if no official information is found, you should try the dismantling and measuring oil method, and if the action of the forks felt decent previous to disassembling them, and you only need to get some stiffer action (to help rebound), you could probably won`t go wrong with adding a little more oil than measured (providing the forks were not leaking before, of course), and also you could play with different viscosities and/or brands of fork oils. Aditionally, you probably add more preload to the springs with some teflon spacers. In the end, common sense should prevail.
    Enjoy your ride.

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Thanks for your reply. I suppose you're right. No oil has leaked out so the chances are that measuring what's inside and maybe adding a few cc for what is left clinging to the parts should do it.
    As for the machining and finish, I'm still impressed, although today I saw a bike equipped with some ÖHNLINS USD forks and they were so beautiful I stood there for several minutes just looking at them with my jaw opened!.
    Thanks also for the other alternative names this bike sells as. I have quite a collection now. See the list on this thread:

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76

I do wish the Chinese importers stopped messing about calling the same bike completely different names and models. It only muddies the water and makes it difficult to unite information from forums, locate spares, etc. In the Chinese bike world you have to be a bit of a detective to find out just who makes your bike...
    There are people that claim that the whole Chinese bike thing is "just like the Japs 40 years ago...blah, blah, blah". Not quite. A Honda CB72 or whatever, was just that all over the world. If you need spares for a restoration or repair just Google that and the bits or technical help comes from all over the world.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

Survivor of a Close Call MotoDrunken's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by forchetto View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I suppose you're right. No oil has leaked out so the chances are that measuring what's inside and maybe adding a few cc for what is left clinging to the parts should do it.
    As for the machining and finish, I'm still impressed, although today I saw a bike equipped with some ÖHNLINS USD forks and they were so beautiful I stood there for several minutes just looking at them with my jaw opened!.
    Thanks also for the other alternative names this bike sells as. I have quite a collection now. See the list on this thread:

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76

I do wish the Chinese importers stopped messing about calling the same bike completely different names and models. It only muddies the water and makes it difficult to unite information from forums, locate spares, etc. In the Chinese bike world you have to be a bit of a detective to find out just who makes your bike...
    There are people that claim that the whole Chinese bike thing is "just like the Japs 40 years ago...blah, blah, blah". Not quite. A Honda CB72 or whatever, was just that all over the world. If you need spares for a restoration or repair just Google that and the bits or technical help comes from all over the world.
    I truly believe that Chinese are capable of engineering astoundingly sublime things (The Great Wall) as well of technological marvels (the practical use of powder). The problem is, in my humble opinion, that they are still happy with making things in volume... just for profit, massification. There´s really no feeling of brand pride imbedded into them... with the very rare exceptions that confirms theories. When the times comes "les caerá el veinte" (as we say in Honduran Spanish), and they could (and I believe they will) rule the marketing world. Maybe it's due to their cultural idiosincracy at the moment. Or maybe we are wrong and it may be a very genious approach to marketing in our present times (?). But, same as you, I wish they should start to do things right now with a little more sense of Pride, not just merchandising. A popular joke here is that you could put any truly blasphemous word as a brand from a Chinese manufacturer if you buy enough containers to make the fabricators happy. Sad! Hope our rides don´t end up being lemons. We`re still happy with them, but...

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    You might like this interview with a Chinese plastics factory worker, it's funny:

http://belanger.wordpress.com/2007/0...for-americans/
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast