Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Website review? Countyimports 
    Hey forum, if any of the readers now have read my recent posts you know that I'm considering a Jinlun JLP250 / Roketa MC113 (or 250GTR is Countyimports likes to call it.

Now here's the tricky part, who to buy from?
    I've been researching for awhile and I believe Countyimports
    may be the best, but I'm not sure considering this is my first
    purchase.

Here's the site here (under the category for motorcycles)
    http://countyimports.com/cruisers___..._150cc___400cc

Basically, tell me if you've had experience with them before. If not what can you tell me to help me learn to trust this site or not? I have a feeling they're trustworthy but not sure (I'm usually good with my hunch).

Anyway's thanks all can't wait to hear from you!

2. #2 Re: Website review? Countyimports 
    http://www.mxmotorsports.us/Roketa-p/mc-113-250.htm
    Nearly $200.00 less

I would call them, all they do is ship you a bike then mail you the paperwork.
    You also should call the Kentucky Transportation cabinet.
    http://transportation.ky.gov/motor-v...ed-Plates.aspx

Ask the KTC if you buy a brand new motorcycle online and have it delivered to you what is required to get the motorcycles titled.

3. #3 Re: Website review? Countyimports 
    alright awesome thanks man

4. #4 Re: Website review? Countyimports 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    http://www.mxmotorsports.us/Roketa-p/mc-113-250.htm
    Nearly $200.00 less

I would call them, all they do is ship you a bike then mail you the paperwork.
    You also should call the Kentucky Transportation cabinet.
    http://transportation.ky.gov/motor-v...ed-Plates.aspx

Ask the KTC if you buy a brand new motorcycle online and have it delivered to you what is required to get the motorcycles titled.
    Ah don't think I can get it from http://www.mxmotorsports.us/Roketa-p/mc-113-250.htm they're outside of the USA (Means more shipping damage and it'd take longer to get the bike and parts etc. also the speedo is Km/hr =/ thanks though I wouldn't know how to put a diff speedo on it either

5. #5 Re: Website review? Countyimports 
    Quote Originally Posted by rangu66 View Post
    Ah don't think I can get it from http://www.mxmotorsports.us/Roketa-p/mc-113-250.htm they're outside of the USA
    They are in Florida

Quote Originally Posted by rangu66 View Post
    (Means more shipping damage and it'd take longer to get the bike and parts etc. also the speedo is Km/hr =/ thanks though I wouldn't know how to put a diff speedo on it either
    Those Jinlun motorcycles were all imported in 2008, they are all the same no mater who you buy them from, they all came from China in 2008 and no more have been imported since.

6. #6 Re: Website review? Countyimports 
    The most efficient system for distributing these would likely be in that of one warehouse at the port of entry, then the ability to sell them offered to anyone on terms out of that one warehouse. I suspect that is happening in some instances and not in others.

I sometimes wonder if people selling them actually have possession of them or if they are just order processors. That is happening on Alibaba in china obviously and are the trading groups.

The motorcycles arrive at the port with the lowest inherent costs, if that warehouse sells to the public directly it is with the lowest possible costs.

If another warehouse buys them and then sells them they have a higher cost as they add costs as they had to be shipped.
    They can never really beat the price of the primary importer at the primary warehouse when the bikes are stored at the primary import location.

If the motorcycles arrived in 2008 in Miami, then selling out of the warehouse in Florida would have the lowest inherent costs.

The Primary importer for the Jinlun was JMSTAR in 2008 and they are located in Miami

Unless the bikes are shipped cheap and stored in very cheap storage facility, it is all relative. Domestically that is, only getting them to cheap storage can beat the price of the primary warehouse and only if it is inherently expensive storage space.

I also think warehouse space as a cost and it is a cost and a reoccurring cost deprecates the value as time goes….in some states they actually incur an annual holding cost as a tax as well.

These bikes have moved around and have been deprecating in value since 2008. None of them are new they are all approaching three year old models and actually have been in the USA for close to four years.

7. #7 Re: Website review? Countyimports 
    C-Moto Regular
    Be sure to check the internet for complaints on County Imports before giving them your money. The only way I would consider buying from them would be with a credit card so I would have a fall back if they didn't deliver as promised.

8. #8 Re: Website review? Countyimports 
    You know what is really screwed up, is how they managed to get one EPA certificate that covers both a Yamaha V-Twin and a Honda 234cc twin. Seriously the certificate they were granted in 2009 covers both engines, and they are completely different engines, one is a 249cc V twin and the other a 234cc parallel twin.

The certificate is 9SJMC0.23NFG-005 and covers all these models JL250, JL250-2, JL250-5, JL250-6, JL250P, JL250V

JL250V

JL250P

I am sorry but these two engines being able to pass on one certificate is outside of the laws of physics.

9. #9 Re: Website review? Countyimports 
    C-Moto Regular
    Yes, there's something fishy going on there. One is a Virago copy and the other is a Rebel copy. The Rebel copy I had in a little cruiser bike had catalytic converters and was jetted so lean it felt more like a 125 than a 250. Substantially less power than my Lifan 200. Changing the jets, airfilter, and exhaust made a big difference.

10. #10 Re: Website review? Countyimports 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    You know what is really screwed up, is how they managed to get one EPA certificate that covers both a Yamaha V-Twin and a Honda 234cc twin. Seriously the certificate they were granted in 2009 covers both engines, and they are completely different engines, one is a 249cc V twin and the other a 234cc parallel twin.

The certificate is 9SJMC0.23NFG-005 and covers all these models JL250, JL250-2, JL250-5, JL250-6, JL250P, JL250V

JL250V

JL250P

I am sorry but these two engines being able to pass on one certificate is outside of the laws of physics.
    haha, that's pretty funny. I'm pretty confident about buying the second bike (JL 250p) though, there's quite a bit of youtube videos on it and it seems these bikes end up lasting quite some time. I only need a bike for a year or so and I'll be taking care of it excessively so I'm not too worried. all of the time and help you guys have put forth is definitely making a difference. When i decided i wanted a bike i knew NOTHING about them I was a complete noob. Now I know 10-30% haha. Anyways I appreciate all the help If only the rest of the world was as nice as this forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast