Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Website review? Countyimports 
    I do not like either, not my style bikes, but the engines without emission devices likely would be decent.
    The cruiser needs to be this bike:

The other bike needs its fairing taken off and get straight handlebars and a round headlight.

I do not like the raked in bars on that bike, its just is not going to go that that fast to justify them, there is no real valid reason to be that aerodynamic for that bike. They could have blacked out the little twin and stuck it in a naked version and I would have liked it better.

Then there is the Yingang with a water cooled engine and a six speed...

these all have the same frames

2. #12 Re: Website review? Countyimports 
    The real Honda engine in the CMX250C (Rebel) is rated at 16.4kw in the EPA database, do you think it really has 22HP or did the ass hats at the EPA screw that up? At this point I have to wonder what accuracy is?

Honda has not imported a Rebel to the USA since 2009? The rule is that each year has to have its own certificate and the last one issued for a rebel was 2009?

I thought the Rebel had 18hp? It is only 234cc? Here is its last recorded certificate it is online…9HNXC0.23AAA-003 JH2MC1318FK001713

3. #13 Re: Website review? Countyimports 
    While posting this an attempt was made to enter my computer from this IP 222.186.25.147
    When I checked the source of the that IP address I saw it as located in Jiangsu China? It must be dynamic or spoofed because checking it later it is now in Beijing China.

Oh I see…. it issued by CHINANET jiangsu province network
    Should I contact them? send abuse reports to abuse@jsinfo.net

http://cqcounter.com/whois/

I do not like people looking up my skirt....

4. #14 Re: Website review? Countyimports 
    I really like the bike w/o fairing and the headlight. (when I looked at the JLP I thought about doing this) As for now I'm not the most concerned about the look but I really like the straight handlebar look (I used to play Grand Theft Auto San Andreas alot). It reminds me of a bike from there

really sweet idea. Funny thing about the IP thing. It probably was an advertisement I sometimes get those alerts on Youtube or Google. I wouldn't say its too much to worry about it was probably trying to open up a popup window or something cookies more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie
    I don't know crap about motorcycles but I know a thing or two about computers haha. Anyways the bikes you posted above I like better than the original. However I can start with the JLP-250 then mod it and truely make it a custom.

5. #15 Re: Website review? Countyimports 
    Also looking at the Ying Yang Price it's 600dollars out of my price range =/

6. #16 Re: Website review? Countyimports 
    Quote Originally Posted by rangu66 View Post
    I really like the bike w/o fairing and the headlight. (when I looked at the JLP I thought about doing this) As for now I'm not the most concerned about the look but I really like the straight handlebar look (I used to play Grand Theft Auto San Andreas alot). It reminds me of a bike from there

really sweet idea. Funny thing about the IP thing. It probably was an advertisement I sometimes get those alerts on Youtube or Google. I wouldn't say its too much to worry about it was probably trying to open up a popup window or something cookies more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie
    I don't know crap about motorcycles but I know a thing or two about computers haha. Anyways the bikes you posted above I like better than the original. However I can start with the JLP-250 then mod it and truely make it a custom.
    I am pretty sure it was just incoming data, I think it was a slow server that still wanted to send me images that loaded too slow….I left the page but the images were still streaming in…maybe.

Then again some of the Chinese’s servers are hacked, some have no security on them and hackers gets in and mess them up. They attach malicious code to images…I’ve seen it before.

The JL250P has potential for a naked bike, it to me would be an interesting project I’ve seen gear clusters, headlight, turn signals etc it would not be that difficult. The trick would be the speedometer they match a sending unit on the front hub. I am pretty sure the tachometer takes an electrical signal, so you would have to see what the engine sends and then match it to that. But I am pretty sure they are similar, that bike has the same blue gauges I have seen on most faired Chinese bikes.

The engine is likely chocked off by emission controls, theoretically it should have near if not the same potential power of the original Honda it is a copy of. Not having the fairing would allow easy access to the engine, or at least easier access.

I would call the people in Florida and ask about availability and colors. If they have a showroom then Florida is not to far to go to get it the bike would fit in the bed of a pick up. It would be a two or three day trip…and you could ride it around in Florida for a while.

7. #17 Re: Website review? Countyimports 
    here is an Image of Chinese bike without the fairing, it only has the 200cc single the JL250P engine would fill the frame better. The same frame.

8. #18 Re: Website review? Countyimports 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    here is an Image of Chinese bike without the fairing, it only has the 200cc single the JL250P engine would fill the frame better. The same frame.
    Yeah, seems good I'll probably do a lot of mods to the JLP I really like LED Accent Lights that bike reminds me of a ninja a bit and I imagine it's easy enough to mod it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12