Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Hello.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Hello. 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hello I am new here, but not new to bikes.

I have been riding bikes since I was a kid and my last bike back in 1984 was a Yamaha 600. I have not ridden since then, but now I want to resume biking again. I am interested in getting myself a QingQi 200 or 250 trail bike for riding in Tanzania. I hope that I will get a lot of information in these forums. Thank you guys.

Ride on safely!

2. #2 Re: Hello. 
    hi welcome,

im abit surprised you wont be using the best scandinavian crop enduro bikes husaberg or husqvarna for this, but saying this they are rather expensive :/
    there are plenty of threads about mods that cna be done on these 200 or 250cc Qingqi's for comfort, better performance, durability and more importantly parts supply.

3. #3 Re: Hello. 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennon View Post
    hi welcome,

im abit surprised you wont be using the best scandinavian crop enduro bikes husaberg or husqvarna for this, but saying this they are rather expensive :/
    there are plenty of threads about mods that cna be done on these 200 or 250cc Qingqi's for comfort, better performance, durability and more importantly parts supply.
    Thank you! I already made some research and found that I could buy bikes here, but as you noted, they are rather expensive. As I said, I intend to use the bike in Tanzania, so it would be relatively cheaper if I bought one in Tanzania or order directly from China. Chinese bikes are a big hit in Africa as they are inexpensive. During my search I also found that QingQi bikes are used in Finland. There is also a forum for the bikes (in Finnish)!

http://www.phpbbplanet.com/forum/vie...um=qingqiforum

4. #4 Re: Hello. 
    hmmm yh i see your point might also be abit risky on a expensive european built bike out there, aha if only i understood suomi i might be able to read that link ;)

are you looking at cruising around looking ace whilst riding slowly or looking even better thrashing a dirtbike around?
    http://www.qingqi.com.cn/en/product_show.aspx?id=91 Cruiser 250
    http://www.qingqi.com.cn/en/product_show.aspx?id=90 Supermoto 250 with dual sport tyres

5. #5 Re: Hello. 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Kitia,

Greetings and welcome to MCM. You'll perhaps be interested to know you are not our only member in Finland. Check out this thread and this thread and you'll see what a fellow Suomi is doing with a chinabike! (Although sadly I'm unable to see the pictures from here in China...)

How do you get yourself and your bike to Tanzania?

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

6. #6 Re: Hello. 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Dear Kitia,

Greetings and welcome to MCM. You'll perhaps be interested to know you are not our only member in Finland. Check out this thread and this thread and you'll see what a fellow Suomi is doing with a chinabike! (Although sadly I'm unable to see the pictures from here in China...)

cheers!
    Thanks a lot. I intend to order one from China, if not possible, buy one in Tanzania. There are a lot of Chinese bike dealers there mainly for the Sanlg brand, but I have not yet seen any for the QingQi. I would prefer a QingQi Liger though if the price is right for me.

7. #7 Re: Hello. 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennon View Post
    hmmm yh i see your point might also be abit risky on a expensive european built bike out there, aha if only i understood suomi i might be able to read that link ;)

are you looking at cruising around looking ace whilst riding slowly or looking even better thrashing a dirtbike around?
    http://www.qingqi.com.cn/en/product_show.aspx?id=91 Cruiser 250iger
    http://www.qingqi.com.cn/en/product_show.aspx?id=90 Supermoto 250 with dual sport tyres
    Hello. When I am in Tanzania I work mostly in the rural areas where sometimes roads are sometimes impassable, and a motorbike would be ideal. So in this case a Supermoto Liger would be ideal. For normal and long distance travel I use a Mitsubishi Pajero 4WD

8. #8 Re: Hello. 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Dear Kitia,

cheers!
    Visited the threads. they are great and like the narrative, though sadly I could not see any photos.

9. #9 Re: Hello. 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    This is sad news. Moilami seems to have removed his picture collection from the place where they'd been hosted. He's a first rate photographer, and his pix provided wonderful glimpses of Finland and Sweden, as well as his beloved chinabike.

Hope he's not left the forum altogether.

Mikko??
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

10. #10 Re: Hello. 
    Mikko has been missing for sometime nowseems like that has happened before?

Anyway somebody pointed out once, think it was Human being, who really needs a better screen name, that it is best to buy what most are ridding in a foreign countrythen finding those that can support it easiest, since it is what they are used to supporting.

Special ordering from China and shipping to a foreign country is fantasy full, It might be best to find out what is easiest to get there and then also what most buy and go with the flow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast